I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time since my surgery on March 29th and.......................are you ready for this?
Since I was a thoroughly miserable, emotional, reluctantly dependent invalid and wearing sloppy sweatpants for all those weeks, I was not able to see it, but I was very, very pleasantly surprised to have discovered that I lost..............drumroll please..................
20....YES, I said TWENTY pounds!!!!
All possible by not being able to get my own meals, or to the sweets in the cupboards...........asking for small portions, cutting out most carbs and the devil in disguise...........sugar!
Now, mind you....I have at least ::ahem:: 40 more to go, but I am determined to continue my quest for self-improvement in all aspects of my life. Starting with some exercise, as possible, in this phase of my surgical recovery. Today I will venture down the mountain for a little shopping, which will require some calorie burning as I attempt to "walk" with the removable cast. That thing weighs about 3 pounds and just the mere act of lifting it and balancing myself with the "good" leg as I meander about should be enough to constitute "exercise" when compared to when I was using a walker. I can't really complain about the walker because I did develop some much needed upper body strength and just this morning I did a few "girly" pushups!
Then, in the fight against dreaded facial wrinkles.....because I am going into this aging crap kicking and screaming.......I treated (?) myself to a chemical peel on Thursday. Whoa...is that an interesting process....that I paid for.....something like 7 layers of this burning concoction spread over your face during an hour period or so. Then you leave it on for two days before washing it off and then your face dries up, cracks and peels off over the next week or two.
Voila....beautiful new skin. I will let you know how it works.
Smiling gingerly,
Lisa


Twenty pounds? Yay! Chemical peel? Ewwwww! Lisa :-]
ReplyDeleteWow! Twenty pounds!
ReplyDeleteI have thought about a chemical peel, myself. Let me know how it works out!
Congratulations on the weight loss! I just heard about that chemical peel mask. I might get one for myself, please let us know if it really works. Wendy
ReplyDelete