If the darkness of this font was any measure of the depths of my despair............
Well, you can just imagine.
The girl child made some poor decisions at her boarding school that have caused her to be expelled after she faced a particularly gruelling judiciary committee the other day. While I am very pleased with the school's suspension and expulsion process that provided my daughter with some extremely eye-opening and humbling life experiences, we are devastated at the outcome. For awhile I was pretty confident that she'd be given a chance to redeem herself, but that was not the case.
Abbie has elected to appeal in writing to the Headmaster, which she must do on her own, although I am allowed to write my own letter for reconsideration of the decision, as well.
She spent yesterday packing up nearly three months worth of teenage accumulation that packed my car to the gills, and said tearful good-byes to a few of her friends who were inbetween classes.
Life as she knew it, went on without her.
More later....


Oh, gosh. I am so sad for you both. Perhaps in the end, the life lessons learned will benefit her more than she can realize now. I hope, whatever the outcome (after her letter to the headmaster) that she can move forward and be happy. Thinking of you both.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to read about the expulsion. Your heart must be breaking, but in the long run maybe it'll work out for the best. I wish you both luck.
ReplyDeleteDan
http://journals.aol.com/slapinions/Slap-Inionscom
I am SO sorry. BTDT. Life does seem to go on.
ReplyDeletehttp://searchthesea.blogspot.com
(the old "Midlife Matters"
Oh, NO, Lisa! This must be devastating for both of you. And to have this on top of your sister's death at Christmas. NOT the good times, for sure. (((((Lisa)))))
ReplyDeleteHope life turns this lemon into lemonade for you... Sending good thoughts your way. Lisa :-]
Oh man, I am so sorry. I had such high hopes for her and this school. Please let us know how the appeal goes. http://acrazyquiltlife.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so sorry to read this. But there is hope yet ~ all the best on the appeal.
ReplyDeleteOh my, I hope everything works out.
ReplyDeletehttp://boiseladie.blogspot.com/
Oh, I am so sorry! I know you had such high hopes for the school!!
ReplyDeleteMy prayer is that Abby will take this painful lesson to heart and not repeat it again. People say that growing up is painful, I believe parenting is by and far more hurtful than anything I faced growing up.... Kristi ~Scenery as viewed by Kristi~
ReplyDeleteThey all learn from their mistakes eventually. I have a feeling she'll be just fine when she gets where she needs to be. Good luck and I'm sorry that things didn't work out with this school. She sounds so talented.
ReplyDeleteJamie
What a hard lesson to learn, she is so talented & had such a great opportunity.
ReplyDelete{{{hugs}}} to you Lisa, I know this must be hard for you.
~Marie