Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Man...New Adventures!

cute Pictures, Images and Photos

For the past two months, I have been dating Mr. Grocery Shopper and we've been having the time of our lives! (You'd think it was meant to be as much as we ran into each other in our local supermarkets!) We've known and worked with each other for about 23 years, and he's also recently retired from the Department at the same rank as me. So, we have a LOT in common and are as comfortable with each other as an old pair of shoes! He's extremely funny, loving, kind, thoughtful and active! Plus, he can cook, which is a huge bonus! I am extremely blessed to have him in my life and I can't remember the last time I've laughed as much as this! And...he says he's got a "keeper" in me.....so it's all good!

Mr. GS was widowed suddenly about 18 months ago, when his wife; a popular and very accomplished local teacher, suffered an aneurysm at the young age of fifty! They were married about 32 years when that happened and it nearly killed him too! But, he's made his way through the worst of it and he's now enjoying life like never before! About a month ago we took a weekend trip to Lake Tahoe, and recently we visited friends who were camping at our nearby Red Rock Canyon State Park, where we planned a 7 day Alaskan "Sawyer Glacier" Cruise with them! The prices right now are very affordable and we scored a cabin on the 10th deck, with a balcony for $800 each! Wooohooooo! Photo ops galore!

alaska Pictures, Images and Photos

We fly to Seattle on June 5th, departing from there the next day! We've got tons of shore excursions planned, including a train ride, salmon and halibut fishing, and a zip line adventure.... with stops in Juneau, Ketchican, Skagway, and Prince Rupert! Doesn't that sound Heavenly?

Oh...and you know the best part?

I had to buy all new clothes for the trip and I found the perfect little black dress and awesome strappy heels for the Captain's Dinner! I'll be some serious arm candy!

Of course there will be tons of photos after I rest up, when we return on June 13th!!

20 comments:

  1. How wonderful that your expectations are not turning into disappointments!! Alaska is on my list of places that I want to visit!!

    I hope you have a wonderful trip.

    I have told my single friend, Susie, to look more around the grocery store. The single men have to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I am so glad to hear that this can happen...and not just in the movies!!!!!
    Can't wait to hear about it all!
    :^)
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That sounds like a fun trip. Expecting LOTS of photos. I have such a boring life I have to live vicariously thru someone LOL! Seriously though, ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that the Alaskan cruises are the BEST! Good to hear you and your man are enjoying life together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent post, wonderful news- great to hear you are so happy.
    wow, this even makes me excited !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though I'm a guy...your "Market Love story" is fascinating and gives me a chill-thrill. Glad you share so freely. Success stories do us ALL good--after all, we're all in this together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very happy for you that you and this nice man are enjoying eachother's company ! Very nice to have known him for so long prior to dating.

    Have a great cruise :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sounds wonderful and YOU sound wonderful as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow and double wow, you have a lot goin' on!
    So:
    1. I wish the best for your daughter.
    2. I am happy for you and your new man.
    and
    3. I don't even hate you that much. Even tho, I'm green with envy. Can I come on the cruise? I'll be real, real quiet... I swear..

    LOL, no, I am happier for you than I could express with words! So - YAY YOU! And of course, go knock 'em dead with that HAWTness of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on having someone special in your life. We actually took that same cruise in June 2005. Two suggestions: Take the catamaran to the glaciers out of Skagway, and bring a warm, water-proof wind breaker as it will be chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, I am so glad the two of you have met. This sounds like it will be a blast. Alaskan dream in high heels ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm SO happy for you and your new 'man friend' he, too, sounds like a keeper! That Alaskan cruise is one I really want to do so share all your photos and stories with us asap!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh!!!! Have a blast or a ball or both!!! I am thinking that even without that dress you are serious arm candy my friend!

    Much love!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can not wait to see those pictures! You are going to have a wonderful time!!! Enjoy it! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you. Nothing like a little romance to energize. Hope that you have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW sounds like things are going very well for you in the relationship department right now! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WONDERFUL!

    WOW!

    I've always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise in June/July ...

    I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Huh? Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do. I'ts great to hear that you have found someone special and that you're enjoying life! :D You -have- to post pics of that black dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm happy for you....be careful in those strappy heels though. No injuries this time. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!