
Or NOT!!!
You know how there are some things you just know?
Those "things" that...deep in your heart and gut you know to be true!
I'd hate to compare anything like this to my "worst nightmare" but......it's kinda, sorta, like my my very worst nightmare.
It's certainly a terrifying and horrific thought at the very least!
ArrrGGGHHHHgggghhhh!
(Insert mournful and painful cry about broken dreams for your 17 year old kid HERE!)
I THINK....SHIT, I JUST KNOW.......... THE RUNAWAY AND EINSTEIN ARE PREGNANT!
Mourn...I mean, MORE later.


Do you know or is it just a gut feeling? Having a baby is a blessing no matter what but just being a young mom myself I know how hard it is and would tell anyone to wait in a heart beat.
ReplyDeleteoH NO. oH CRAP. oH. nO.
ReplyDeleteOkay... deep breath...
So... will runanway and einstaein have the baby... or realize they are too young/totally unprepared/not ready to handle all the responsibility...
Oh Geez... My empathy, Grandma...
My next question would be - are they going to expect you to raise him/her ?
And - will you if they do ? Upending your entire world - and that of your hubby -- in the name of codependent guilt/rescuing ?
Oh geez... If kids only realized 17 is still a kid themselves. And life is so much harder if you make it that way, instead of going to school/finishing school, getting a job, then getting married and then having a kid. And even then it isn't easy.
UGH. Sorry. Any chance she would be a terrific mom? Stranger things have probably happened. If things happen to get to a point where she needs to make a plan if she doesn't want to be a mom right now, there are many folks that are more than ready to help her....and you.
ReplyDeleteOh no. :(
ReplyDeleteLet's hope this one time your mommy-dar is off.
Big hugs!!
oh boy. just o boy.
ReplyDeleteoh shit beans. I'll say a prayer for you all. And I'll obviously stayed posted.
ReplyDelete*Hugs*
Kinda late to pray? Or IS it? I have a hunch you'll keep us posted. I hope so.
ReplyDeleteMaybe the bloggers could help pick oout a name? Oooops! I'm sorry gal, just how my mind runs away.
Hope you can sleep, things may look different in the morning.....
aarrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, Lisa, I so hope you're wrong. But you know what? If you're not, some how, some way, it will all work out. And who knows, maybe, just maybe it would be the making of her.
ReplyDeleteIf she is... this could change her for the better. What bigger wake-up call than full time responsibility that you can't just up and runaway from. Let's hope she's not but in the event that she is... well let's hope for the best possible outcome.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jamie
Uhm, well UNHAPPY FRICKIN MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU
ReplyDelete;-0. Are you glowering? Seriously, I'm sorry, but I hope today is(somehow)a better day. ~Mary
oh hell. well, let's just take it as it comes K?
ReplyDeletesigh
Oh boy. Funny how sometimes we can't think things can't get much worse and then BAM! we get smacked upside the head. Not that a baby is a bad thing, just the situation. Thinking of you. Hoping that this isn't the case.
ReplyDeleteLife is about to drastically change for them if she is.
ReplyDelete#1
wow, don't you just appreciate life's little curve balls? i mean wow. so to cushion the blow did you at least get some flowers for mothers day? you know what else i think you are an awesome person so do not own this it is not yours. let her have her life, even if she is pregnant you cannot do anything about it, but pray for His will to be done and not yours.wow a baby, having a baby. it is not very original is it. which would be worse for her to be pregnant or strung out on dope? things that make you go hmmm.
ReplyDeletewell i love you and i wish you all the blessings you deserve in life. you never know this may be one of them. but do not use this pregnancy as an excuse to rent your house to her!! remember these three little words, "NO, NO, NO!!!"
love,
me
I know it is overwhelming, but I've often thought about 90% of us were not "planned." It's her baby to handle now..literally and figuratively.
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself!
Sometimes the worst things turn out to be the biggest blessings. One day at a time.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs!
~~Kath~~
Unplanned teen pregnancies have been happening around here too. I guess this isn't necessarily anything new. What's startling is that the girls haven't been at all upset by the situation. Some have called it the "Juno" effect.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you.
(My computer froze up while I was leaving a comment yesterday, so just delete this if it's a duplicate...)
Wow...this is a tough one. I have no experience to share on pregnant kids. I know that I wasn't planned but was born 16 years after my parents were married. They thought that they were home free and then I became fertilized. C'est la guerre.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Whoa, am I behind. Update us, please. How are you doing?
ReplyDeleteOkay, I am shocked.
ReplyDeleteYou need to email me!
xo
I've been a little absent lately and I'm sorry for that. As a wise woman once said, "she's not the first and won't be the last".... Praying for wise counsel and intervention.
ReplyDeleteHugs.
Hey - things can always be worse... not sure how - don't try to think about it - just believe that whatever it is - if your child is still breathing, then life will work out the rest.
ReplyDeleteI wish your mothers day was better... (hugs)
Cat
Well, I have been there and felt that... at the time I would have had it any other way. For you. I would have it any other way. If it happened to me tomorrow I would have it ANY OTHER WAY...
ReplyDeleteBut, so far the way it's happened... well, I have 2 precious grandchildren that I can't imagine not having in my life. My crazy hectic life.
Thinking about you and yours ~HUGS~