Sunday, November 1, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Babes

There's some things kids say that you should never forget. I want to remember this little gem so I am documenting it for future reference. It was just that special and so right on!

All stories need a little set up...so I will set the scene for you.


The other day, Mr. Grocery Shopper (Mr. GS) and I were discussing the latest and greatest forays of the addicts/alcoholics and other assorted hanger-ons that frequent my humble abode in the ear-shot of his adorable, 5 year old grandson. As an only child he's often privy to adult conversations and in some ways, he's waaaay beyond his Kindergarten peers with his ability to communicate.

After providing Mr. GS with all the gory details of my children's latest and greatest disasters...this is what I heard:

Mr GS (standing up dramatically, said with suitable disgust): "MY GOD THEY ARE SUCH A BUNCH OF LOSERS!"

Adorable 5 yr Old (shaking his head): "You got THAT RIGHT!"


It's pretty bad when even a 5 year old can see it!


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Funny story and insightful too. (Who "discovered" that the king had on no clothes?) (A kid.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's funny, I don't care WHO you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, when a 5 year old can see it...

    glad to see you back and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is funny!
    Just stopping in to say hi, haven't seen you around at all lately! Hope everything is ok in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny...Being a grandma is the best! Fee free to come and leave a note to me.
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa!! Where are you?? Everything okay...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, how you doing? I take it you don't blog anymore or is it elsewhere now? Been almost a year since your last entry. I've just returned to blogging - I left for a bit.

    Love the story, he reminds me of my 4 year old granddaughter I believe is actually going on 34.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to hear from you Lisa! Your family is in my prayers.... Hope you can post a bit now and then! Take good care of you!! ((Hug!))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!