Monday, May 16, 2005

New 'Puter, New Photo Program, New Poster!

For the past few hours I have been playing with my new photo editing program, Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 and having a little fun with some of the effects and loving it!  Boy, there's so much to learn!  I think I will buy a video tutorial that Marie told me about.  Graphic arts is something that's always interested me and to be able to combine my love of photography into creative projects such as cards, enhanced photos and frameable artwork.   

When Papa was in the hospital last August, I bought him a bunch of daisies, and sat and played with my new camera as he slept.  Today I "posterized" one of my daisy photos with the editing program and I thought it turned out so cool!  I'm thinking that I may even be able to use some new creations for artwork in my remodeling project.  

For some reason over the past couple of years, I've been so drawn to yellow and will try to work the color into my kitchen and dining room as an accent.  

Let's see....what else is happening?  I found and bought the Italian tile for my entry way yesterday.  The tile itself wasn't too expensive for a 7x7' area, but those darn little inlaid borders cost about 7 bucks a piece for a total of $200.  I started asking myself if the borders were really necessary and then decided to go for it.  After all, as I tell the kids...I am spending their inheritence. And, home resale values are skyrocketing here, so I guess it's money well spent and recoverable in the long run.  

I'm working out the details for my trip to OKC and Fayetteville, NC this weekend.  Decided to leave Sunday to NC, then fly to OKC next Thursday to see Grandma Jessie, returning home on Sunday, the 29th.  A quick trip, but worth it to love on Fly Boy and my adored Grandma while the gettin' is good!  

Better go so I can get Ab signed up for the Power Chord Academy, which is a music summer camp for aspiring rock and roll artists!    

You all can say you knew her "when! "

 

6 comments:

  1. Way coooool!  Yeah, isn't it funny how working with those programs can take you HOURS to fiddle with!  Great thing to do while sitting with someone who needs care!  I'd love to hear more about how you can use it in "artwork in (your) remodeling project."  I've missed a lot of entries, so I'm not sure what you're remodeling or how you would use your creations.  Love to see it!  Shana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a neat effect on your daisy...  I'm still not sold on getting a Photoshop program.  It costs a bundle, and I'm not sure I'll get that much benefit out of it.  I can already do a lot of photo editing with the programs I have.  Maybe I'll ask Santa Claus for Photoshop this year...  Lisa  :-]  

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Photoshop too and I can get lost in the fun things to do with it. I haven't learned too much yet but when my son comes home from college I'll have him tutor me!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK You have inspired me to graduate from those little square box pictures to beauty like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, what a cool picture!!  Modern technology, what a beautiful thing.  And you've chosen to use it so artistically.  I can't wait to see all you'll produce with your new toy.  Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice effect you used on your daisy.
    just realized you mentioned me in your entry..; )
    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!