Monday, May 2, 2005

Tatiana and Troubles

 

 

Ab took this photo at the Crescent City Harbor, in April.  I posted it previously in color in my photo journal, however I've since altered it by changing it to a sepia tone, which I think looks awesome.  So, I thought I'd post it here. 

Also, I took it to Walgreens yesterday and had it enlarged into an 8x10 so I can frame it for her.  Right now, more than ever in her life, she needs to embrace her abilities to discover her potential and improve her self-esteem.   Her artistic eye just amazes me and she now speaks of a career in art.  A teacher that she had for 7th and most of her 8th grade is a fantastic artist and quilter and she provided the kids with a variety of art projects that really inspired Abbie.  During that time Ab excelled in art, discovering her favorite artist, Escher.  She loves the black and white and geometric aspects of his work. 

Lately in school, she's dabbled in computer artwork, such as designing covers for music CDs, Power Point presentations and graphic design art for their imaginary businesses.  She also completed her colorful quilt that now adorns her bed.  (Note to self-upload that picture to share here.)

This summer she's asked to attend a music camp, called Power Chord Academy, where teens 12-18 create their own music, form bands and make a video and CD of their work.  I am all for it, especially if it creates a fire in her soul. 

Her tendency for depression scares me, especially with summer coming.  Since I will be working all day, I am reluctant to leave her alone for that amount of time.  She will have too much idle time on her hands, so I must work on finding someone to supervise her and ensure she's involved in worthwhile activities.

::Big Sigh::

2 comments:

  1. Now, when is the "Big R" happening?  It will be great to not have to worry about Ab being alone all day after you retire.  Best time of her life to be available for her...  Lisa  :-]

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is wonderful...she is gifted.  I wish you lived closer so she could just hang out with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!