Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sanitizers and Sniffles.......

Someone must have coughed in my vicinity while I was on the cruise...or maybe it was the recirculating air on the airplane during the trip home. It could have been that I picked up this nasty virus during ONE the TWO emergency room visits we had to make....the first....while on the cruise, because Mr. Grocery Shopper BROKE HIS ANKLE while we were having a true "adventure in ziplining!" as advertised...in Ketchikan.

Truly a memorable moment.

More on that later.

Perhaps it was the stress involved in taking care of an injured traveling companion that made me a little "immune compromised."

But...I will tell you one thing. It wasn't from the fact that I DID NOT have sanitized hands.

Atomized sprayer hand sanitizers Pictures, Images and Photos

Because I certainly had sanitized hands on the cruise as they've got one on the wall or a stand at least every 15 feet with a staff member standing over it, strongly encouraging the passengers to USE IT!

Getting off the ship, getting on the ship. Of course, it's especially important for those entering the buffet lines where it's likely the whole gastrointestinal outbreaks on ships begin. You can't get into a restaurant on board without using the handy-dandy, strategically placed hand sanitizers!

SO DAMN IT....I can't blame it on dirty hands.

Anyway....as soon as I am better I will write more and post Alaska photos!

22 comments:

  1. If only we could shove that sanitizer up our noses to avoid getting sick! Get better, and tell us more about the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get better soon. Hugs across the pond. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let us know how you liked going on a cruise?? I have heard mixed opinions on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it's you! I missed you! I hope you are feeling better soon. Can't wait to see some pics and hear about the trip. How is Mr. G's ankle doing? Poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you're back in one piece, sorry you're sick!! will wait patiently for your photos. i'm sure you saw some beautiful sights :)

    hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, getting sick after a vacation is pretty common. In fact I just heard that about 1/4 of people get a cold within a week of flying. I noticed all the hand sanitizer stations on our last cruise as well. I think it's smart and people appreciate it. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon! I think the AC units in hotel rooms wreak havoc on my sinuses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Broke his ankle. I am soooo sorry. That had to damper things a bit(A LOT). The best thing for sanitized hands is those gels with about 60% alcohol, but I believe you had sanitized hands... unfortunately even when they have them all over in hospitals, a lot of people rarely or never use them. Maybe they should autoclave utensils on cruise ships too(only sort of kidding). Glad you are back safe, but I'm still on "broken ankle," Yikes. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. self inflicted wounds... but you know i am grateful to hear that it was someone elses ankle this time!! is this some kind of bad juju you got. oh heck as long as you are happy i think it is kind of quirky though, this time someone else hurt their ankle. glad it wasn't you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also hope that you and Mr. Grocery Store man feel better. Quite a vacation you had with lots going on. But I'm sure that you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope there was a real doc on board..LOL..
    sorry, not funny.

    I will wait for the "good times."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back! I can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch - breaking an ankle on a zip line. That's a picture I don't like imagining. On our last vacation, I hung a little too low on a zip line and almost scraped all the skin off my back. Now that would have hurt...

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooh Alaska.. looking forward to those images!

    Splitting Tens

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,wondering how you are doing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aren't you well yet? Waiting to hear more.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Feeling better yet? haven't heard from you in awhile. I know that sometimes life takes over.. just checkin in..hey by the way.. thanks for following con·tin·u·um , which i will be re-building soon.. but join me over at Splitting Tens .. it is where I blog the most these days! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear about the injury, that stinks! Sorry to hear you are sick too, feel better soon! Can't wait to see all your photos. Welcome home! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok, Where the hell have you gone lady? I'm getting worried and you know what I do when I worry about you? I email till you inbox fills up and you're forced to write me back or hunt me down and kill me. ;) I'm hoping that life is going so fabulously right now that you just don't have the time to do the blog stuff. Just drop a line and let us know you're ok.
    Love,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm just dropping by wondering if you're alright??????????

    ReplyDelete
  21. Soooo, I know you're alive since you're approving your comments. (yes I'm a persistant little shit) If you need anything, you know the email.
    Love,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!