Saturday, October 16, 2004

These are my favorite shoes........

John Scalzi, our "Blogfather" has given us another weekend assignment and here it is……………

Weekend Assignment #29: Your Shoes!

It's time for the Weekend Assignment -- I write up an assignment, you answer in your AOL Journal or blog, and then come back here and leave a link. Easy, simple, fun!

This week, it's the first of the reader-suggested Weekend Assignments. 

Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? A pair that you wish you could wear for everything because you like how they look or you like how your feet feel inside them? They can be a pair you have now or had when. Tell us why they were so special.

Extra credit: A picture of them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here’s my completed assignment and Mr. Scalzi, please note my extra credit for the photograph :)

Right now, these are my favorite shoes. You’re right, they don’t even match! But, since I will be wearing a cast on this right leg for several weeks, I am loving this zippy little walking shoe…..a stylish little number, reminicent of the "Earth Shoes of the ‘70s, medium beige, trimmed in dark brown piping, with 3 adjustable velcro straps also in a medium beige color, with a light-weight multi-color, rubberized non-skid sole. You can just wear this shoe with anything. Very versatile! And boy….does it get noticed!

It’s really the lesser of two evils. No cast, no walk. Well, I guess you can consider getting around on crutches as walking. But, I hate crutches, because they take sooooo much physical strength and effort, and at this time, I don’t have an extra iota of strength. So a cast with a walking shoe strapped to it is heavenly. Freedom to move at a lot faster pace than with those stupid killer crutches!

Now concerning the other shoe….since the average "short leg cast" like mine, weighs about 3 pounds (and that’s a lot of extra weight on one side to pull when hiking up my stairs or anywhere else for that matter), I have balanced it out with this sandal. It’s a feather-weight, strappy little model, all black with white stitching, with about a 2 inch heel. Again, it can be worn with just about color cast, including the camouflage model I plan on wearing next week! The great thing about the heel on this shoe is that it really creates the illusion that I am walking like I would without two different shoes and a cast, since it makes the left leg just about the same height as the casted leg. Talk about comfort!

If that isn’t something one would just want to wear all the time, I don’t know what is!

Oh, and please, no comments about my pudgy, Fred Flintstone feet, that are sorely (pun intended) in need of a new pedicure!

Gimpy Grace~signing off!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your cast!!!  I do love your other shoe, however...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like the one on the right.  Cutting edge AND comfy!  :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!