This photo is of the projected snowflakes on the ground at Knott's Berry Farm, that I snapped last night. They were so pretty! Even though there was no real snow on the ground, it was super cold down there and I was chilled to the bone all day. I had forgotten how cold 50 degrees can be in an Orange County Winter. After all, it's only about 10 miles from the beach! It's a different cold than we experience up here in the mountains and I wore a light t-shirt and sweater, and didn't bring a jacket. Brrrrrrr.
It drizzled lightly for several hours and the gift shops were selling out of the bright yellow plastic rain slickers (with Snoopy and an umbrella on the back) that they had on hand for times like that! We bought several. Although, it still wasn't enough to keep me from freezing all day. I thought about buying a sweatshirt, but really didn't find one that I was interested in spending 40 dollars or more for, so I toughed it out. About 6 pm, I found a nice hooded jacket in the Snoopy gift shop. It was better than any ol' sweatshirt and for a little more money, I got something that I will wear often. I just wish I'd found it earlier in the day.
The rain didn't damper the kids' enthusiasm for going on the rides, even those that would wet them some more! Ab and John rode home with damp clothing, and I made them sit on the plastic rain gear so they wouldn't mar my leather car seats. I had the heat in the car cranked way up and loved it, until I got so warm I couldn't breathe.
As far as birthdays go, it was a pretty dreary one. No cake, no ice cream, no presents, no birthday dinner. ::pout:: Since we couldn't get in to any of Knotts' restaurants, we ended up grabbing cheeseburgers at In and Out on the way home. In and Out makes the BEST cheeseburgers, so I didn't feel too bad and I treated myself to a milkshake since I didn't have any birthday ice cream. Tam and Ab will bake me a cake tomorrow.
Oh, and we did have a little excitement with our caravan on the way down there. I am really greatful that I didn't get much damage to my car when I rear-ended Trish's nephew's big ol' truck on the LA freeway! Dang those people coming to a screeching halt like that! And me with a cast....geez. I am also really greatful that Trish's relatives think of me as family...they won't sue me for whiplash!


Aside from the lack of cake and ice cream, it sounds like a pretty eventful birthday. Especially the rear-ending part! LOL! Only YOU could have that kind of adventure and just add it in at the end as an aside... Lisa :-]
ReplyDeleteKnott's Berry Farm is one of the places on my list that I must see before I die. When I was a little girl I wished and wished to see the magical place.
ReplyDeleteBy the way HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
Lisa, happy belated birthday! It's a good thing I wandered into your journal tonight, or I would have missed it. I hope you had a nice celebration - with cake AND icecream. Wendy
ReplyDeleteim sorry u had such a dreary birthday...the picture is really cool...thanks for sharing that with us...i hope u had somewhat a better birthday once u got home and out of the cold!
ReplyDeletelinda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny