Monday, April 4, 2005

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When the waves are round me breaking,

As I pace the deck alone,

And my eye in vain is seeking

Some green leaf to rest upon;

What would not I give to wander

Where my old companions dwell?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder,

Isle of Beauty, fare thee well!

                                     ~John Milton

                                               Paradise Lost

 

Above, another photo taken on the beach during our mini vacation last week and how I long to be wandering through those anceint weathered logs on two good feet! 

The way things are going, I may not have one good foot or a brain in my head by the time this ordeal is over.  Last night I took a terrible fall in the foyer! 

Actually, it was rather spectacular now that I think about it!  Thank goodness Patty and Abbie were here to keep me from breaking my arms, which were entangled in the crutches that were sprawling out in different directions as I fell to the tile floor, convieniently wedged between the Grandfather Clock and short stairway wall, as my butt landed on a drawer of CDs which were cracking under my weight and baseboard fell on my head. 

Yeah, I sat on CDs and baseboard toppled on to my head. 

Is that descriptive enough?

It's just not a good idea for a wobbly, uncoordinated, one-legged woman to attempt to walk on crutches through a house that's under construction.  

I shoulda stayed in my room.  

Today we're looking into renting a wheelchair.  

3 comments:

  1. Oh, dear!  The wheelchair might be a good idea.  You're sure there are no stairs or nearby cliffs you can roll it off of....  Lisa  :-]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right...great photo depicting the passing of time...

    Hope your ailments ease soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!