Friday, April 3, 2009

Oh Please! Would you just come out now and yell..."April Foooooollllls!"



This is all a JOKE, right?


Some of my yesterdays have been pretty tough recently.

"Pretty tough?"

Certainly, an understatement, wouldn't ya think?

I have been on an emotional and physical roller-coaster which is contributing to me having a nuclear meltdown of sorts. Ummmm. Let's see.... What could have possibly caused such earth-shattering ruckus on the home front? An evil torture machine (mammogram) and it's operator gone wild? Verbal abuse and threats from my teenage terrorist...I mean "Sweet Child of Mine" and her subsequent escape (running away) from her dysfunctional home filled with hormonal women? Three hours yesterday in the Dentist's chair for a crown prep? The sad dissolution of a long-term friendship because I reacted to my feelings of rejection, AGAIN?

What is that handy-dandy AA/Al-Anon acronym for Self-Care that I just heard about and obviously haven't used?




Oh yes, HALT!

Hungry or Hurt (I've seen it and like it with either/or!)
Angry
Lonely
Tired

Our emotional resilience is not going to be in top form when we are feeling any of those things listed above and in recovery speak, we can "relapse" into our "old belief systems." Unfortunately, since some of my belief systems are damn near antique yet haven't matured, they can be as active as a young whipper-snapper at the most inopportune times!

But, I know I am a work in constant progress, regardless of whether certain folks close to me can see it, or would choose to consider that fact when I am in "reaction" mode. My inner little girl just wants to know that she is loved, worthy and supported, at those times when she's not feeling it.

Little Lisa likes to stomp her foot and say "Please just love me and tell me that everything's going to be okay!" Yet, some people just can't or won't do that for her. And she just doesn't understand.

Why can't they? Why not? She wonders, because she knows she's good and kind and loving; a delightful, smart girl.


So she cries.

Begs!

Pleads.

Then, she stomps her feet some more but nothing changes. She falls to the ground in a heap, sobbing and telling herself that someone, someday will love her, just like she's been wishing for her whole life!

And...it was all because she was hurt, angry, lonely and so fuckin' tired!

THE END.

Good night!

8 comments:

  1. I love you but I know that's not the kind of love you're looking for at the moment. Given anymore thought to the condo as fulltime home? Ab will be 18 soon and Tam has long since been an adult. Maybe it's time to really take care of Lisa for a while. I'm not saying cut those wild girls out of your life but having them living with you and their constant girl melodrama is taking it's toll on you. It's too much PMS and estrogen in one house. I don't know how you've all managed to keep from being on the news for a mass murder/suicide. If you need to bitch, cry or talk, you know where to find me.
    Love,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a right to rant !
    its the least you can do xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhm, blame is a vehicle of resentment and contempt, stop letting anyone blame you for things you didn't do(or at least ignore them). Stop going to the dentist ;-0.
    Have someone who loves you hug you for a long time. Ask for it if you have to. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never beat yourself up for having the emotions of a human being. We're kinda handicapped from birth that way. I guess the key is to manage the basketfull (basketcase?) of stuff that life throws at us. It's like herding cats but without the litterbox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i kinda agree with jamie. you need some YOU time. tell those girls to chill the hell out for a minute.

    if you need a shoulder, or need to vent, you also know where to find me.

    i LOVE your new look in here, it's AWESOME!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. you don't know me, but I've been reading the blog & just recently started following. I just wanted to let you know I'm sending mental *HUGS* your way. Hope they help!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you are contemplating the issues instead of just letting your emotions randomly run rampant over you. That element of conscious thought HAS to help some. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!