Trish's husband Steve, must feel like he's got two wives. Poor guy! Bless his heart, he's really so good to me and Ab.
They shared with me that when Papa was on his deathbed, and I wasn't in the room, he asked Trish and Steve if I was going to be okay. It brought tears to their eyes and they promised they'd take care of me, saying I'd be fine! I swear they really are trying to live up to that promise! I am so blessed to have such good friends in my life.
After Steve worked his fanny off all day helping a friend move, he came over this evening and hung some Christmas lights on our house. He then called me while I was on my way home from work and told me to meet him at KMart, to pick out a tree so he could take it home for me, drag it in the house and put it in the stand! What a man! I always tell Trish that she doesn't know how lucky she is to have a guy like that!
Ab decorated the tree while the kittens terrorized her and the poor tree. I think we may have to redecorate it daily.
They took down one ornament for each one she put in place. Oh, and the beaded silver snowflake garland was pretty entertaining too. The little devils! Ab threw up her hands in despair and decided to go to bed. The kittens have stopped temporarily to grab a nap after all that exhausting fun.
I shudder at the thought of what the tree will look like when I get up in the morning.
Thank God tomorrow is Friday.


Our babies spend the night in jail (in the old dog kennel I brought in when they were very tiny.) I have enough problems trying to keep them alive when I'm awake... Lisa :-]
ReplyDeleteSlick's very first Christmas with us was a doozy!! It was nothing to walk into the livingroom and see the tree dancing and swaying with him either climbing up or climbing down the base of the tree.... that was the only year we had a problem. Guess he outgrew it. Come to think of it he was probably in his terrible 2's in feline years... Kristi
ReplyDelete