I spent the first day of this new year catching up on the horrifying event that took so many souls last week.
Reading as much as I could on the internet and in a stack of unread newspapers that sat patiently waiting for me, I was extremely saddened by the suffering, death and devastation created by the gigantic earthquake and tsunami. I ended up with a sick headache and took a nap in an effort to rid myself of it.
After my nap, I checked my email and found this beautiful message from Life Support that was so appropriate, I thought I'd share it here.......
A TSUNAMI BLESSING
In light of this week's tsunami devastation, the following blessing is offered as a prayer for those of various faiths. May it be useful as we move into a new year together.
Blessed are those who mourn for the tsunami's victims; may they find comfort in their pain and hope in their helplessness.
Blessed are those who found a way to survive; may they now find sufficient strength and healing as they reassemble the scattered pieces of shattered lives.
Blessed are those who tirelessly strive to give relief; may they be amply encouraged in their valiant efforts.
Blessed are those who generously give money and supplies...may they know the deep satisfaction of having made a difference.
Blessed are those in every nation who unite now in compassionate service and love; may they show us what it means to be family.
There is a story of a man who once stood before God, his heart breaking from the pain and injustice in the world. 'Dear God,' he cried out, 'Look at all the suffering, the anguish and distress in the world. Why don't you send help?' God responded, 'I did send help. I sent you.' -- David J. Wolpe, sent in to Life Support by Grant F. Tiefenbruck
AMEN!


We had an Indonesian Missionary in Church this morning... he spoke so passionately about the great need there. His words were moving.... Kristi
ReplyDeleteIt's so hard to comprehend the tremendous scale of human suffering and loss of life from this disaster. A definite reminder that human beings are NOT in control of this planet. We all need to find a way to reach out to the desperate survivors. Lisa :-]
ReplyDelete'I did send help. I sent you.'
ReplyDeleteThis, I think, fits you my friend. You are a blessing.
Yes indeed we are the hands and eyes, and ears of the Creator. To deny assistance to others is to deny the work of the Creator. thanks for this poignant reminder.
ReplyDeleteWayyyy back in september I wrote about my bother John and your thoughtful comment requested an update, thanks again for stopping by. Well, it's a new year and that update has finally been granted, along with a few photos even. I invite you back to check it out when time allows.
Blessings and good vibes to you and yours. Happy Gnu Dear.
http://journals.aol.com/madmanadhd/ConfessionsofaMadmanInsightsinto/entries/560
The original entry about John
http://journals.aol.com/madmanadhd/ConfessionsofaMadmanInsightsinto/entries/862
John Update