We had to change our plans for our Disneyland trip to next weekend, because Ab decided that taking a friend would be way more fun than having to endure her "overly-positive" mother at the "Happiest Place on Earth!" (I guess if that that’s the worst thing she says about me, then I am doing all right!) In the meantime, I must find my own friend to go along so the child and her friend, won’t be subjected to too much of her mother’s disgustingly sweet commentary on the enchanting surroundings.
So yesterday, spontaneous woman that I am, I remembered Cher was performing that very night in B-Town and took my chances at obtaining some tickets online. Much to the horror of the girl child who was destined to be my date if I couldn’t find a friend to accompany me, I SCORED!!!! Yep. Two tickets, in the first risers just off the left end stage and we were about 50 feet away from her! She’d often come to the end of the stage, turn and perform right in front of us, ahem..Abbie and I. Ab really seemed to loosen up and enjoy Cher and commented on how young she looks. Her body is amazing but in my humble opinion, her face looks a little too perfect.
This is the second time I have been able to see Cher on her Farewell Tour. It’s not really clear how long she’s going to be saying goodbye, but I could watch her perform over and over again. She is truly a diva after all her years in the business and to Britney Spears, J-Lo and the rest of those youngsters that consider themselves superstars she says…"Follow this you bitches!" Her costumes were stunning and the show had a circus theme that she opened with….Ladies and Gentlemen, and Flamboyant Gentlemen, Welcome to The Cherist Show on Earth! Brightly dressed dancers did amazing stunts from big metal rings and ribbons dangling from the ceiling while she performed hit after hit. During her costume changes the audience was entertained by a video that included clips from the Sonny and Cher Show, her many movies, appearances on talk shows and with many of the famous people she’s had the opportunity to perform with in the past, like Ray Charles, Lucy, Carol Burnett, etc.
The Village People were the colorful opening act and they were awesome. Ab wasn’t nearly as impressed, but she admitted they were entertaining. The crowd was enthusiastic and on their feet throughout most of their performance which included their hits…Macho Man, In the Navy and of course, the favorite..YMCA! They gave us lessons on the proper way to form the letters, saying they’ve heard of and seen too many improper moves at wedding receptions and Bar Mitzvahs! Now we can say we’ve got the directions straight from the horse’s mouth!
Yeah, I went and got the T-Shirt too!


Wow! It sounds like SO much fun. I always figured Cher would put on quite a show. Maybe it's better that you've saved Disneyland for next weekend. How much fun can your poor heart take all at once:)? Lisa :-]
ReplyDelete