Tuesday, July 5, 2005

Hometown Soldiers Honored

Our town honored the many hometown soldiers serving in the military this 4th of July!  My Fly Boy is pictured right there in the middle!  When I told him what photograph I'd selected to provide to the City for the display he said...."Mom, Why did you pick that one?  It makes my face look fat!"  I think he looks incredibly handsome and successful!

The military families were asked to stop by the display and pick up some gifts from the City.  All we had to do was provide our soldiers name and we received a patriotic license plate frame, car magnet, certificate of appreciation and an American Flag!  We were able to recognize all the soldier's families by the items they were carrying in their hands, since they were just for us!  Is that cool or what!  This is a great town and I am so happy to live in such a wonderful community!

4 comments:

  1. How nice to feel that the entire community is pulling for your soldier.  I hope their combined prayers keep him safe.  Lisa  :-]

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so neat that they did that for the families! I think all of us are guilty of forgetting what its like for the families who have someone over there ... whereas you never get the luxury of getting to forget even for a minute!

    A big thanks to your son & prayers for a safe return...

    ~ Karyn
    http://journals.aol.com/karynetaylor/WhateverItTakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful of your community to honor you, your family and all our brave servicemen and women in this way!  It's the very least any of us can do, and I add my thanks to theirs.

    Flyboy does not look fat.  He looks as hunky as ever. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!