Trish recently joined Weight Watchers. She lost 4 pounds the first week on the Flex Plan, which is basically eating anything you want, as long as you don't exceed your daily allotted points. Well, there are a few extra points to play with throughout the week, but we're talking just about an extra day's worth that you can fudge on as needed. The point value for just about every type of food known to man is listed in a handy, take along book. There's even a book that contains the point values of a variety fast food and some decent restaurants like Applebees. Applebees even has a Weight Watcher's menu, listing the points for their entrees!
As I watched Trish eat a variety of foods all day long, and found out that she lost 4 pounds that first week, my interest was sparked. So, last Thursday, I tagged along and joined up. I just had to give it a try.
I was tired of my low carb diet and had started to fall of the wagon. I managed to keep off the 20 lbs that I lost while recuperating from my surgery, but I was beginning to feel deprived, especially after seeing what Trish was enjoying. Fruit. My gosh she was eating fruit. A no-no on the low carb diet.
Soooooo, I have been enjoying my 26 point daily allowance and I am eating like crazy. Fruit. McDonald's Happy Meal Cheeseburger and Fries, Cereal and Milk. Snack Well Cookies. Shrimp salad. If this is dieting, it's my kind of diet. All it takes is portion control and better food choices.
And.....tonight was my first weigh-in and drum roll please...........
I LOST ONE and a HALF POUNDS!


Congratulations Lisa!
ReplyDeleteThats great. I was also on that low carb diet & gained everything back & then some.
now I am miserable....I missed the fruit too. Couldn't eat anymore EGGS!!! So now I think I'll join a gym in Sept. & cut back of food.
Weight Watchers IS a good diet, I had lost over 20 lbs many years ago.
I'm so happy that you're trying this diet because it's much healthier. I lost 24 lbs on it a few years ago. Plus it's fun keeping a tally of all the points and dreaming about how to "spend" your banked points. I use to save my "bank" and buy a Hersheys candy bar every week after weigh-in. Never did I appreciate chocolate as much as I did when I actually could eat it guilt-free. You've inspired me to go back on the diet. Hey, we should keep each other posted of our progress! Wendy
ReplyDeleteWoo Hoo!! Way to go, Lisa!
ReplyDelete~~Kath~~
that is great! You are like a subtle little WW ad, got me thinking too, hey mebbe I oughtta go check out this flex program ...
ReplyDelete~ Karyn
Hi,
ReplyDeleteWe don't know each other but I saw your journal posted on a friends link and clicked on it..I too am doing Weight Watchers and was able to lose 31 pounds, which I have managed to keep off for quite a while (well right now I have put about 5 back on..beer is the culprit! but I'm going to start counting my points once again) You must keep up with drinking the water..another thing that helped me was joining Curves.) Weight Watchers really works because you start making the right choices and don't really sacrifice anything. Good Luck! Martha
Congatulations! It's such a darned struggle.....
ReplyDeleteYou are preaching to the choir here on Weight Watchers. That is how I lost MY thirty extra pounds last year...and I have maintained my "lifetime" status (staying within two pounds of my goal weight) for over a year. Weight Watchers is great. My husband lost over 60 pounds, and is now the thinnest he has been since I've known him. He feels great and looks wonderful in all his clothes (down to a size 32 pants from a size 44...) You will love this plan, Lisa. Lisa :-]
ReplyDelete