Saturday, March 27, 2004

Serenity Prayer-English/Cherokee

God Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

u-ne-la-na-hi s-gv-si nv-wa-do-hi-ya-di o-s-da a-yi-li-di ni-ga-di gv-gi-ne-tli-yv-s-di ni-ge-s-sv-na ge-sv-i

The courage to change the things I can,

a-le u-tla-ni-gi-da a-quu-da-na-da-di-s-di a-gi-ne-tli-yv-s-di na gv-gi-ne-tli-yv-s-di ge-sv-i

and the wisdom to know the difference.

a-le a-ga-do-hv-ne-s-di a-quu-nv-da yu-li-s-do-si d-u-da-le-hna-v-i


*Note: Cultural information may vary from clan to clan, location to location, family to family, and from differing opinions and experiences. Information provided here is not 'etched in stone'.

4 comments:

  1. This is a prayer we all need to learn and remember in any language. :-) Good morning Lisa,
    just wanted to stop by and thank you for stopping by my place and leaving such encouraging comments. I am sorry that I have not stopped by sooner but I have been trying to cut back on journals a little in order to enjoy this warmer weather. I will definitely look into: "Like Water, Like Chocolate". It is on my list but so are 110 more! LOL Hope you are enjoying the weekend, hope to see you again, ~RC~

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite prayer. No matter the language it's one we should all learn.
    Barb-

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very, very wonderful!! I wish it was a phone entry so that I could hear it too. Oh!


    ~Ah, and wisdom is the key isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Christina.......can't speak it! Darn it! Wouldn't that be cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!