After the week that I had, I decided to have the kind of Saturday that most working moms would like to have in the perfect world.
Laundry, that I should have been doing in between the daily or hourly crisis, in my new state-of- the-art front load washer and dryer, is piled up against the wall in the laundry room, just waitin on me. To that I say ......So What!
Yes, my house is a mess. In fact, its worse than I have ever seen it. I did, however, clean the downstairs toilet bowl in Papas bathroom yesterday, when I came home for lunch. I really hadnt planned to do any housekeeping on my lunch hour. But, no pun intended, it just happened to work out that way. I was in such a hurry to use the toilet, I just dropped my drawers and sat down on the cold, cold porcelain. My ample fanny filled up the toilet bowl, splashing water up around me.
Like a human suction cup, my fleshy rear was planted firmly along the rim. As I struggled to get up, my twisting action was enough to thoroughly clean the rim, which was previously stained with what nasty toilet rims normally have that is now imprinted on my thighs! After a quick soapy sponge bath, I threw a terrible temper tantrum in which I told my 31 year old daughter (whos been laying on my family room couch lookin ornamental, and not a bit useful for the last two weeks) to go camp out on her own couch, in her own house. After she referred to me with a term that is best used when discussing female dogs and stomped outside, I promptly showed her my alter-ego, "Beyond Bitch-Superwoman." She hasnt quite grasped the concept that you dont bite the hand that feeds you. I headed back to work in tears.
So, I deserve a day like today. I am taking it for all its worth. This morning we headed out to our favorite little restaurant for breakfast and I indulged in a tasty, warm bran muffin. The spring weather has enabled the townsfolk to have yard and rummage sales, and a new Dollar Tree Store opened yesterday that I had to check out. I found some awesome acid-free stickers and paper for scrapbooking, so I stocked up since they had such an assortment. At a garage sale, I got a beautiful Christmas wreath that looked brand new, with an original priced tag of $35, and I paid her 5 bucks! I paid 75 cents for a pot of pretty silk roses, and a dollar and a half for four, brand new burgundy napkins, still in the package! What a haul!
Then I took a nap and headed down here to plop right here in front of my puter, doing what Id do if I didnt have a bit of house work awaitin! Life is good!
Housework can wait, but creativity doesnt! Write on!


The toilet story is absolutely hilarious! I haven't fallen in since right after my husband and I were first married, and I threatened him with death if he didn't learn how to put the seat down when he was done. I have him well-trained now, after almost 28 years....
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the great day off. Of course you deserve it! Lisa :-]