This year brought me unbearable sadness as I dealt with the last few months of my father's life. I was honored to take care of him at home, right up until his failing body released his sweet spirit. In spite of the pain I felt while watching his disease progress and his subsequent death, I grew and learned from the experience. I tapped in to an inner strength that went beyond what I thought I possessed, especially the fortitude gained from nearly 24 years of prison work. That "Never let them see you sweat!" facade that I've had to wear all those years often made me feel somewhat infallable, but couldn't compare to the strength I needed to watch my father die. For that, I am thankful.
In 2004 I took some major financial risks, with a little prompting from FlyBoy, who's proving to be a great money manager. I really had to leave my comfort zone, follow my gut instincts, trust the judgement of others and take a chance on the real estate market. I have benefitted beyond my wildest dreams and for that financial security, I am extremely grateful.
Tonight, my real estate agent provided Ab and I with a New Years Eve feast in the condo that I purchased for a rental. The beautiful centerpiece pictured above, adorned our dinner table, ladened with crusty bread, salad, green beans, cheesy potatoes and the perfectly cooked prime rib, with creamy horseradish sauce. For her kindness, friendship and counsel, I am very blessed.
My loving family and closest friends (including my journal buddies) have been sources of comfort, joy and help during this year when I have needed it most. I thank God for their presence in my life.
Happy New Year to you and yours!


Happy, Happy New year to your family from me and mine!
ReplyDelete~~Kath~~
Quite the feast!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Lisa! Hope to see you up in Oregon sometime in 2005. Lisa :-]
What a really nice, concise, summary entry! I wish I could write so succinctly! LOL! Great reflection piece! Shana
ReplyDeleteAs I said a few entries back, I really think good things are due to you and coming your way this year!! Kristi
ReplyDeleteREADING YOUR STORY MAKE MY DAY, I HAVE TO TELL YOU SORRY ABOUT YOUR FATHER PASSING AWAY, I CAN FEEL THAT YOU MADE THE BEST OUT OF THE FEW MONTHS YOU SPENT WITH HIM.
ReplyDeleteI NEED TO ASK YOU FOR SOME ADVICE. I HAVE FOUR KID TO TAKE THEIR ARE FROM THE AGE 7, AND SMALLER. I'M LOOKING FOR A BUSINESS AT HOME TO DO CAN TELL A FEW YOU KNOW.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. WWW.MANUECA@AOL.COM
I hope and pray that if the event should arise my children will treat me with the dignity, care, and patience that you granted your father. May he rest in peace.
ReplyDeleteWhat a joy to read about your success and rewards, congrats and may it continue well beyond the New Year.
Now I need to wipe the saliva off the keyboard and get something to eat... this entry has stirred my appetite. Yummmmmmmy.
http://journals.aol.com/madmanadhd/ConfessionsofaMadmanInsightsinto/entries/862
I empathize with what you went through with your father. It is a gift to be able to care for a beloved parent, although one that carries great pain. We are fortunate in so many ways.
ReplyDeleteI hope it's not too late to say it, my dear, but Happy New Year ~ it sounds like you have some good fortune on your plate after all! :)