I have decided I’d better do something a little bit fun on this vacation, especially before I am immobilized by ankle surgery. Ab hasn’t been to Disneyland since she was a toddler and it just happened to be the day that every other loving parent and Japanese tourist hauled their kids to the "Happiest Place on Earth!" Lesson learned….Never, ever take your family to Disneyland when sunshine is in the weather forecast. Always opt for the overcast, dreary, it-looks-like-it-might-rain-any-second days and you’ll move through the park with relative ease.
So, since Ab’s out of school on Monday for the MLK holiday, I thought we’d do a little family weekend trip and take in both Disneyland and the California Adventure park next door. I’m talking a stay-in-a-motel with a pool, all- meals-out and two-amusement-parks type of fun stuff that we weren’t able to do when we were taking care of Papa. Besides, Disney’s offering a "two fer" special where you can have a day in each park for a pretty good price. If you buy your tickets on line instead of waiting until you get to the gate, you get an even better discount.
I’m giddy as a kid again!
I’m goin’ to Disneyland!Granted, it was kinda last minute planning, but I can be spontaneous. I ask Tam if she’d like to go along with us and she promptly reminds me of her "amusement park phobia!" Amusement park phobia? "Where did that come from?" I ask. "Yeah" she says, "I can’t do amusement parks because I am always afraid someone is going to be puking in the bushes after they get off a ride!" Oh silly me. I forgot. It’s the puke phobia rearing it’s ugly head again. Now, most people have a little phobia or two. I am not particularly good in crowds and I worry about head on collisions on undivided highways. I don’t think those are really irrational. But this girl’s biggest fear is of someone vomiting in her presence.
Hmmmmmm.
What do you think the odds are of someone upchucking right beside you at Disneyland after getting off the Small World or Pirates of the Caribbean ride?
Tam’s NOT going to Disneyland.
Puke happens.


Puke aversion????? Now I have heard it all.
ReplyDeleteI don't do puke either but I'll be if that EVER kept me from Disneyland. You have a grand time (and you are in for a treat as Disneyland only gets better and better.)
I[m with Christina...I don't do puke either. But I never thought about not going to an amusement park for fear someone might puke somewhere in my vicinity. Makes me a little wary of public johns, though...
ReplyDeleteHave fun, and no puking. Come to think of it, I nearly puked after getting off the small world ride. WAY to sickly sweet for me! LOL! Lisa :-]