“Would you take that crap from an inmate?”
Papa would say with indignation. It was a question that would put my role as the parent back into perspective. Oh, that’s right. I am the adult here.Why is it that I can easily get my point across to burly, convicted felons with piss poor attitudes but my 13 year old kid can make me want to throw myself to the floor kicking, flailing my arms and screaming like a frustrated toddler having a very memorable meltdown, worthy of an Academy Award?
Why is it that confrontation with an inmate is something I consider a challenge…….often a fun contest of wills and wit, but a similar confrontation with my teenager can make me want to throw my hands up in the air and run the other way, saying “I give up! You win!”
Upon awakening this morning to the house looking considerably worse than it was when I hit the sack last night, I feel my Papa’s immortal words ringing in my ear and nudging me on to battle.
Let me tell you, that girl is in some serious deep shit when I roll her messy, lazy arse outta that bed.


Go get 'er, Mama! Lisa :-]
ReplyDeleteI have the same problem. You should have seen this place on the Fourth. I went to bed early with an upset stomach...my husband woke me up when he came home fuming because it looked like a tornado had gone through here....
ReplyDelete