Last September, just after Papa passed away, Trish and I took a much needed breather by heading up to visit my Uncle Lee and his wife, in Smith River, California. My grief was so fresh and raw and the ocean views, smell of the salt water and comfort of my family and best friend, helped me deal with the loss of the most special person in my life.
Trish took this photo of me as I sat by myself on the rocks. At the time I probably was wishing I could be swept away to join my father. I know for sure I was contemplating life, and all it's pain.
Anyway, last night while playing with my new Photoshop Elements, I manipulated it to get this effect. I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out.


what a great photo!!!
ReplyDeleteThe color is superb, the pose & composition, excellent!
~Marie
I think it turned out great! Thanks for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteSam
I have been there... I have sat on a beach, looking to the horizon for a sign, listening to the waves for an answer. I have felt what you must have been feeling as you sat there on the rocks, your heart sad and heavy. Your picture reminded me of the time. I can almost smell the way the salt gently seasoned the air that day, the warmth of the sun, the softness of the breeze. I see all that in your picture. I can still feel it. There are 'photographs', and then there are 'memories'. This is a 'memory'. Thanks for sharing this special moment.
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing quite like sitting by the ocean and just thinking. You may not be looking, you may not be listening, but you are letting the vastness, and the eternity, and the pulse of the waves sweep your mind to places it couldn't go in any other setting. That's how it works for me, anyway... Lisa :-]
ReplyDelete