Friday, February 13, 2009

From the "Ohh Noooo Girl You Din't" files.....

love Pictures, Images and Photos

Perfect love casts out fear.
~from the book, A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson


Recently, I came across the “Least Said, Soonest Mended” quote used in one of my devotionals.

Maybe I should have paid better attention to that lesson.

I dunno.

I’ve mentioned that I can write waaaaaay better than I talk, right? Well, yesterday my fingers had a virtual field day of heart-felt, totally honest, yet extremely risky expression in a series of emails fired across the MySpace energy field. While I feel I was lovingly communicating, I guess the poor man didn’t know what hit him. I wanted to express how I was “feeling” and he wanted to retreat into a corner of the safe haven. I can’t help but remind him that what he doesn’t say speaks volumes. Stacks. It always has. We both are excellent at reading between the electronic lines. I just look stupid. He’s a freakin’ genius.

Perhaps, I said what needed to be said. It was MY truth, so that ought to count for something.

He said his past clouds his future, with worries of repeating the past and he worries as to whether or not he will ever really be able to truly be in another relationship. Which, I believe is the reason he always keeps me at arm’s length and frankly, it’s getting old. Could ya throw a girl a bone once in a while, I ask. Does it have to be this damn hard?

I love, (however I am not in love with) this wonderful man enough to be vulnerable, open and honest, risking my body and soul for that enlightened connection. It’s about loving someone for being the perfectly flawed human being they are and that’s what I ask in return. I understand a “spiritual relationship” isn’t all lollipops, roses and smiles. It’s work. Real authentic work, involving rigorous honesty and effort. I am ready for that and he apparently isn’t. We have lessons to learn in this connection. Maybe my lesson is to say, “I love you so much that I can end this (whatever "this" is), so we can both move on, grow and find that pure love that we deserve.”

In her book, Return to Love; Marianne Williamson says examining the past can help clarify many of our problems, but healing doesn’t occur in the past. It occurs in the here and now. Our pain doesn’t come from the love we weren’t given in the past, but from the love we ourselves aren’t giving in the present.

She writes, “We don’t get to the light through endless investigation of the darkness. After a certain point, the discussion always becomes circular. The only way to the light is through entering the light.” “People who have the most to teach us are often the ones who reflect back to us the limits to our own capacity to love” she says, “those who consciously or unconsciously challenge our fearful positions. They show us our walls. Our walls are our wounds---the places where we feel we can’t love any more, can’t connect more deeply, can’t forgive past a certain point. We are in each other‘s lives in order to help us see where we need healing, and in order to help us heal. ”

Oh yeah. I did it. Who knows what's going to happen. Yet...regardless of the outcome, I will be grateful for all I’ve learned as my walls continue to come tumbling down and I seek the light.

I refuse to be afraid any more. I wish he could say the same.

15 comments:

  1. I've learned that there aren't many people who aren't afraid of something. Fortunately, I've not been afraid of expressing my feelings to another. But that has also meant that sometimes I breeched the boundaries of another. We humans seldom seem to get in synch with each other. I'm starting to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God CW25MOM you hit the nail on the head here didn't you? Something for me to mull over, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he's not ready yet, he might never be ready, love.

    Although personally, I think it's crazy for the past to dictate his future in such a drastic way.

    I wish you happiness, regardless.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with that! It's always good to get real. . . to challenge. . . to feel. . . to love. Hey, and if our heart needs to do an "about face" in the process, we need to embrace that too!

    And BTW - I write much better than I speak also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post - and I loved the excerpts - if he is not ready then I have to believe that he is the one missing out - what is apparent is that you are ready to be open and daring and brave and I really wanted to tell you that today - for doing what you did - you are my hero.
    (hugs)

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find one of the most frustrating things in this life is loving a man less capable of love you.

    And yet, I always do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Over time the excuses get old and you begin to feel less then. I've been there. I'm one of those people who has to experience all life has to offer, and if I didn't have someone who felt the same way...I wouldn't be there for long. Life is too short to wait for maybes. I admire you stepping up to the plate the way you did and saying this is what I want there are no conditions on those wants. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just glad you realized the person in charge of your relationships is YOU.

    All things with time...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could write better than I can when speaking my mind. However, when it comes to words - written or verbal I often fall flat on my face.

    It's sad when we let the past hold us back in future relationships. Some of us can move forward easier than others. It's also a shame when we depend on others for our happiness. I've been in both those positions is why I mention the second part.

    I'm glad you expressed your desires and love. Now it's up to him or it's time to let go and make yourself available to someone who is capable and willing to love you the way you deserve.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto Remo (boy, that's unusual for me!).

    Great post!

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  11. a thought provoking post- thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You grew today. Who knows, maybe he will too. But if he doesn't there is nothing you can do about that. Look at it this way...maybe he was brought into your life and your heart for you to learn from, "cut your teeth" on, if you will. And maybe, just maybe, now that you've had this growth spurt, the one that your truly waiting for can now show up. Watch the horizon, ot the rear-view. I'm pulling for ya, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to be just like you. You go girl, and keep speaking what you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can only look at relationships from the viewpoint of one who has been in one for a really l-o-n-g time...because, well, that's what I am.

    It's my observation that, at some point, you have to content yourself with what the other person is able to give, if you want to continue to be with that person. Is it the person or the relationship you want?

    Just my two cents...

    :-]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good that you refuse to be afraid anymore. Too often we hold back when we shouldn't ... and because of that we miss out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!