Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Got Trouble.........some kind of trouble! (with apologies to Wynonna Judd)

Henry Ward Beecher said, "Troubles are often the tools by which God fashions us for better things."


Runaway Pictures, Images and Photos


Yesterday morning Ab tried every excuse in the book to avoid going to school, which has been a pattern of late. I forced the issue after she screwed around for nearly 2 and a half hours. She continued to ignore my instructions to get ready so I could drive her the 5 miles to her school, so I called her principal and told him to go ahead and get the truancy officer involved! Her head began to spin and she called me all kinds of disrespectful names; one of which I believe was "Crazy BITCH!" (Ha! Try to hurt my feelings! You may recall a song of that same name is one of my new favorite dance tunes!)

Imagine that!

Me crazy and a bitch too?

So in a "You-and-me-against-the-world-and-this-totally-unreasonable-crazy-bitch-Mother-of-mine" type move, she hastily packed some of her belongings and took off with her boyfriend while I was on a much needed, stress-reducing walk with a wise friend, who is also a Native American Spiritual Advisor. Thank God for this woman's counsel as an outside observer and caring friend. Thank God for my Al-Anon meeting last night! Thank God for the listening ear of a dear friend late last night, who I may have stressed by osmosis! Thank God for some time planned this evening with with my Sponsor!

Abbie did not come home at all last night, and would not respond to my telephone calls or text messages. I advised her that I would be forced to involve the police if she didn't return home. I am sure they are safe together somewhere locally. This morning I called the boyfriend's mother and told her about the situation, asking that she attempt to contact them before I get the police involved.

The Truancy Officer, who is connected with our local police will be by to meet with me either today or tomorrow. I've contacted Ab's Life Coach for some possible intervention.

I don't know what's going to happen but I know it's out of my hands. I gave it to God. I obviously can't handle this on my own.

As crazy as it sounds, I went for another walk today with my caring friend as it's better than sitting around fretting over what I can't change. This afternoon I am going to get my nails done as scheduled and tonight, I'll play Bunco with the ladies as we do once a month. I am not totally at peace, but I know I can't fix this myself, so I have to live life and take care of me while it's all being worked out by my Higher Power.

Letting Go and Letting God!

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're going forward with your plans. She obviously has plans of her own and like you said, there's nothing that you can do right now. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa you are living life the best way you can taking care of you! I am so proud of you because - having been there anod not having had the tools to make the right choices, I can never get those 12 hours of fretting back - and my nails showed the wear and tear!

    (hugs)

    You are such a good soul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and wishing you strength to surmount the difficulties that teens bring to loving moms' lives - I know, I know... I found mine had started smoking last week - Something I never imagined he would, he was so anti it...

    I hope you find peace with your conversations and conflabs with friends and professionals. Love and light x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it must involve others of authority to maintain our own sanity and provide the help that is rquired. A social worker told me once, these are societal problems no one person can solve or cope with alone.

    Reach out for help when it needed. Accept it when it is offered and be sure not to let the convoluted logic and anger of your daughter dissuade you from doing what is right.

    "It is not who is right, but what is right that counts" - Thomas Huxley

    ReplyDelete
  5. awe honey, I hope for the best and pray for your serenity. I don't know how many nights my poor mother sat up wondering about me when I ran away from home, and I was 14 the first time. The longest i was gone, underage, was about 2 weeks. you know I wish I could take it all back now, hind sight and all, but I can't I am sorry you are being put through the ringer here, you did nothing to deserve this, I will pray for her to come to her senses. I am grateful you are taking positive steps to take care of you, and don't listen to any of her manipulative B.S. it is all distraction from the situation, when she throws those bombs at you she is trying to be manipulative and distract you from the real issue, stick to your guns and hang in there I am praying for you. And by the way, excellent video, thanks for sending it to me it was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa. You are AMAZING. You are doing all the right things, you know. Sending serene thoughts to you, from down here! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your attitude is a good one.
    If you need me, I'm here.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah. I learned to let God have these boys. He loves them way more than me anyways... and He can protect them far beyond what I can. *hugs* been there, done that!
    heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. You...are...AWESOME! Teenagers, not so much. Carry on with your life as much as you can, and get all the help you can!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck. I am so not looking forward to teen years with my fiesty, head strong youngin! I hope you hear from her soon. I'm here if you need me.
    Love,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your troubles but I think you have the right attitude about 'handling' it. She'll find her way, in time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Join the club, sweet one. Oh, and a **hug**

    ReplyDelete
  13. ok, now i am caught up
    bloody kids
    bloddy bloody kids
    but 10 points to you dear Lisa, for taking the high road on this
    falling over backwards now to make her happy will do no one any favours, as i am sure you know.......blessed be xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!