For some reason this week, people are just pissing me off left and right. I am just out of sorts and on edge and it's really not like me.
Maybe I've had too much on my plate lately, but still, I feel I have had some legitimate reasons for my irritation.
Have I mentioned that I can not wait to be an "empty nester?" I seriously wonder what is wrong with those women who get all upset when all the kids have left home.
I think I will count down the days until she goes to college, like I am counting down the time until retirement. Ab is a slob. Plain and simple. And, summer vacation is a nightmare for me, because this child needs an adult to follow her around and say..."Pick this up and put it away where it lives. Wipe up the mess you just made on the counter. Why are there popcorn kernals on the brand new wood floor? Haven't you been told NOT to eat in the TV room on the new furniture?" What DID you do today besides flop your self in front of the computer and EAT? Do you think you could do at least one load of laundry today?"
I know I've got to change my tactics with her and actually give her a list of things to accomplish, since her school vacation is no vacation for me. Maybe I will leave the computer off until I get home and ensure that she's cleaned up her messes and that the house is no worse than it was when I left that morning. Arrrrrgggghhhh!
Then, another thing that drives me crazy is that when I get home, she wants to have her "boyfriend" over. He's 12 and they REALLY like each other.
They like each other so much that I have to watch them constantly! Arrrrrggggghhh! It's like listening for little kids all the time. When it's quiet in the game room and I don't hear those pool balls bouncing around, something's got to be up! Sure enough, despite the rules that I give them each time they're together, I'll find them in a lip lock! Ab says I am "Overly watchative!" which is her latest word.
Last night I called J out and told him that I was fully prepared to send him home, immediately if he didn't keep his lips together on his own face and his hands to himself. He finally got the message, at least for that visit. Thank goodness he doesn't live close enough to sneak over in the day time? Argggghhh again!
I have her signed up for two summer camp sessions and I can't wait until she goes! Two weeks into the summer and I am already ready for school to start.
I am exhausted.


Lobby for year round school. I am. Summers are tough, and I'm so grateful I don't have to deal with the boyfriend scenario.
ReplyDeleteI lock both the tv and the computer.
ReplyDeleteYou are right. It IS like having a gigantic two-year-old. Good luck! Lisa :-]
ReplyDelete