
It’s been two whole days since I’ve heard from Fly Boy, but that’s okay as I know his time with his family is limited, since he’ll be deploying within days. Oh, and that reminds me! My former step-mother, Becky, who’s the mom to my youngest half-brothers, called Fly Boy the other day to wish him well before he leaves for Afghanistan. I thought that was so kind of her! It made my son’s day as well!
Once again I am sitting by the fireplace, and enjoying lit candles placed about the room. It doesn’t get much better than this!
The living room is still filled with Christmas presents for the grandsons, which I hope to get to them soon. Last night I bought them matching red, long sleeved shirts that say…My Dad Rocks! I’ll give them to Fall Girl on the sly, in hopes that she’ll take photos of the kids as they are wearing them to send to their Daddy in Afghanistan. I think he’d enjoy that.
Tomorrow, I guess I will head out for some site-seeing and look for some photo ops, plus venture in to Starbucks for a 4 dollar fancy, foo-foo specialty drink so I can use the Wi-Fi. For some reason, I got the idea that WiFi was free in Starbucks. Wrong. Yesterday I discovered it’s $3.99 for two hours use! Not that I want to hang out for two hours in Starbucks, but that’s the only way I can get WiFi until my computer cable is installed on Monday. And…darn it, none of my neighbors have unsecured wireless….I’ve already tried!
Well, I guess I will watch one of my new movies and continue to enjoy the time alone!


Wi-Fi thief! Wi-fi thief! ;) We've done that before when our company had problems. (several states didn't have any internet through ATT at one point) I think my neighbors have since figured it out and now are all secured. Glad to hear your relaxin' in the TN. ;)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jamie
SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN WHERE YOU ARE...
ReplyDeletePLEASE GIVE MY REGARDS TO FLYBOY AS HE EMBARKS ON HIS LATEST JOURNEY FOR OUR FREEDOM AND TELL HIM THIS OLD NAVY WIFE SAYS THANKS!!
Time spent lazily indulging the senses is the best! A quiet room + lit candles + grilled cheese = nirvana. :)
ReplyDeleteAhhhhh grilled cheese and tomato soup--I am having that TODAY!
ReplyDeleteJammies, rest and food: All in all, a day well spent! I'm a little bit jealous!
ReplyDeleteAnd 'Okie sausage gravy'? Please, please, please what makes Okie gravy?
Peace,
IG
My day is starting off like that. I'm wrapped up in a fleece on a cold, cloudy, wet day and I'm not particularly motivated to move off this couch right now:)
ReplyDeleteMmmmm grilled cheese!
sounds like you are making the most of your time alone. I am impressed. I usually make way too many phone calls and end up talking about stuff that doesn't really matter.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, sounds heavenly. Truly.
ReplyDeleteI would love some quiet, reflective time.
Enjoy yourself!
XXOO
Sounds like we're having the same kind of relaxing day. I had my daughter her overnight after dinner. The snow storm was as good an excuse as any to get more time together. Her husband deploys from NJ in a week for Iraq and then she doesn't see him again until Sept. I hope your line goes in without a problem tomorrow dear one. (Hugs)Indigo
ReplyDeleteLisa, hope you continue enjoying your peaceful getaway! (Is there a public library you could sit in instead of Starbucks? Our library's wifi is free!)
ReplyDeletexo Phin
*laugh* I'm so glad my neighbors in Jacksonville had unsecured wireless! Otherwise I would have had to search a wifi spot every time I wanted to use the internet. It was never reliable, but it was better than nothin'!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time there in Tennessee!
love, hugs and prayers!
heather
Sounds like a great day to be in your PJ's
ReplyDeletePJ's, tomato soup, grilled cheese and the mountain view...totals a good life.
ReplyDeleteJoyce
it sounds like you are enjoying yourself! i really miss you though! ;)
ReplyDelete