Sunday, February 1, 2009

Poo-poo goes in the potty.......

Potty Training Pictures, Images and Photos

I was awakened yesterday morning by a telephone call from Fly Girl, my daughter-in- law, who wanted to share news about "adventures in potty training" with my oldest grandson, who is now 2 and a half. He's apparently catching on quite quickly and was able to tell me in his sweet little toddler speak, "Poo-poo and pee-pee in the potty! Lollipops all gone!"

This translates to a very proud little boy telling his Nam Ma that he's going poo-poo and pee-pee in the potty so much that mom has now run out of lollipops that she was using as rewards!!! How's that for progress!!!

She decided to use fancy "big boy" underwear, decorated with graphics from the Cars movie, so he can feel the full effects of any accidents he may have.

And...there have been one or two...

The other day she said he came to her with his hands covered in poop, as if, "What do I do now?" There was poop on his face, tummy, back and legs and he was kind of upset. She grabbed him up, ran to the bathroom to put him in the tub and that's when she saw it in the potty chair!

A "man-handled" toddler poop.

He knew that he had an accident and that poo-poo goes in the potty!!!

So....he took it out of his big boy underpants and put it where it belongs!!

I swear, the kid's a genius!!

12 comments:

  1. That's yucky, but it's also hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea...I've been there. :)
    The joys of mommyhood.

    What's even more disgusting is when adults do this...and trust me, as a nurse, I've seen it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just too funny. We have a little Granddaughter about that age... she said her first cuss word.. such a proud Grandma moment for me...(yea.. I know where she learned it.. Her Grandma is a potty mouth)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewwww.... but so been there done that... many moons ago.

    I offered you an award on my blog, yes, I really do think your blog is lovely thing that I enjoy every time you post. (Which you may have gotten before, but can you be too lovely?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is smart to have figured that out, but oh, what a mess...

    (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehehehehehe
    .....



    oh my.... i am still laughing here....


    lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know, it only took me a year to train my Haley. I remember cleaning up a long "skid mark" the length of my hallway, and walls. We thought it was finger paint!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I remember those days like they were yesterday. And the proud look on there faces when they've accomplished their goal. Great entry. Thanks for sharing! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just laughed out LOUD! He's a genius all right- even if it's a stinky one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah ,,, then they become teenagers, enjoy the few minutes that they are toddlers.
    *** Coy ***

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!