
Yesterday was one of those days.
A total waste of make-up day. Oh...that's right. I didn't even bother with the make-up.
It was a day of sad and painful decisions.
Closure.
Then, witnessing unbelievable, crazy, and often caustic exchanges between my "qualifiers" (For readers who are not in the recovery community..."qualifier" is Al-Anon speak for our alcoholic/alcoholic-addict).
Setting boundaries and expectations with those closest to me.
No, in fact, OH HELL NO!! You may not ask your 17 year old sister to help you obtain more Vicodin (opiate based prescription pain killer) from her "friends" until you can get refills from the doctor, Ms. Desperate Drug Addict! Don't even try. Don't even think about it!
WTF are you thinking, Missy? You think that because you are asking in front of me that it's okay?
Warning! Warning! ::cue flashing lights:: DEAL BREAKER! DEAL BREAKER! I will throw you outta here for that insane crap! That's my limit. Understand?
NO ONE in this family is going to help avert a crisis.
Detachment? Tough one right now.
Strength. Courage. Prayer. Call my sponsor?
That I can do.


Hang in there hun.
ReplyDeleteYou are right, that was a bad day, yesterday. I hope today and tomorrow are much much better!
ReplyDeleteThe nerve. That's all I can say. The frickin' nerve!
ReplyDeletewhat exactly is vicodin ?
ReplyDeletewe dont have that here .
Strength... courage. . .prayer. . .
ReplyDeleteand call "House". . .
I hate Vicodin. Can't even figure out what people want it for. Yes, it's a good pain-killer. Maybe because I don't inject it, but I don't understand what the draw is. It isn't that big a "high".
ReplyDeleteI won't take it any more, just because of its reputation.
Boy, I sure hope today was a better day, love.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs to you.
XOXO
it's a bad day. but you can move from it. big hugs for you hon, big hugs.
ReplyDeletexo
ps: i gave you an award! come to my blog, please! :D
ReplyDeletehttp://www.singingwithmyheart.com/?p=700
((hugs)) I'm praying things are better really soon. I know this isn't easy by any means.
ReplyDeleteBreathe sweetie, you are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteYou are strong, you are strong, you are strong.
ReplyDeleteNo, really, you ARE STRONG!
I stand and applaud! Way to go Mom!
Remember you are strong and you are loved, you have love to give.
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing and for the info on vicodin xx
ReplyDeleteOh My - Everyone is entitled to a bad day... It just sucks that often with addicts, they happen more frequently and, well, it just sucks! Hang in there. You both *can* do hard things...
ReplyDelete~~BIG Hugs~
After reading this post, I went back and read some of your earlier entries. I was a HORRIBLE teenager and will probably spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to my my. We made it through those years together, though and now we have an amazing bond! You're doing what's right...just keep on keepin' on luv!
ReplyDelete