Sunday, April 4, 2004

Antique Bathroom Cabinet and Decorating

Here's a photo of my new bathroom cabinet!  Actually, here's two identical photos of the cabinet, because I am not smarter than my computer and uploaded it twice.  I lined the cabinet drawers with a pretty drawer liner, and put some cedar pieces in it to help with the old musty odor.  Which surprisingly, isn't too bad, all considered. 

Anyway, the little sign on top of the cabinet says HOT SHOWER 50 Cents, and the bottle is an antique reproduction of Dr. J. W. Dawson's BLOOD BITTERS, The World Famous Kidney and Liver Renovator.  (I thought that was very appropriate since Papa's got ailments in both his liver and one remaining kidney, and it's his bathroom primarily) Then there's a little ol' fashioned bathtub soap dish that I set there along side of the sign.  

We painted that one wall green for an accent color, since I am just a little too gun shy to paint a whole room in any color.  The rest of the bathroom is a shade of white and we put white crown molding along the ceiling, which really sets off the green wall. 

Then we put up new towel racks, a new mirror, refinished the oak cabinets, complete with new knobs and hinges, replaced icky vinyl with real tile, new curtain and mini-blinds, new towels, and VOILA....new bathroom! 

I'm lovin' it! 

 

3 comments:

  1. Isn't redecorating fun? I just had the worst redecorator's nightmare...ordered a beautiful wood blind online, and when I got it, the measurements were reversed. Needless to say, it doesn't fit. Now I wonder if I'm on the hook for the $200, or if they're going to fix it. Don't honestly know if it was my mistake or theirs. Ruined my whole evening...and then some. Lisa :-]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving it too, GREAT job!!

    ~~Kath~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alot of folks are doing the one wall thing, gives off a neat effect. My sis-in-law just repainted their son's bathrom with horizontal stripes instead of the traditional vertical ones. Turned out smashing!!! Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!