Thursday, April 15, 2004

Sweet Georgia..............

Tomorrow’s Georgia’s last day at work with us. She’s transferring to another state facility and I will miss her so much.

She’s brightened my days with her smile, laughter and joy over the past year or so. Her strong, positive and professional work ethic is a pleasure to see in this day and age.

We’ve developed a friendship, and an understanding of one another that I will always treasure. It’s a personal and professional relationship that transcends the differences in our age and skin color, and we’ve both been blessed by our interaction.

Today, she brought me flowers and said, "My mama always said we need to give our friends flowers while they’re alive!"

I hope she knows that she’s been giving me "flowers" all along!

I love you girlfriend!

1 comment:

  1. What a Wonderful friendship. It is always amazing to me the people that come into our lives and make our lives richer.  I know you will miss her being there on a daily basis, but you will have the friendship forever in your heart. Hope there will be some days you can go to lunch together to catch up on the news.
    :) have a wonderful day & thank you for visiting my journal. YOU brighten my day!
    :) Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!