Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Day in the Life............

It's been one of those quiet, lazy, slovenly Sundays. I loved it. Never feeling particularly inspired to write; I just read for awhile, then took a nap. I am resting up for tomorrow when I have to start the big walking adventure that I promised myself I'd do in my Letter to Myself.

Exercise. YIKES.

So, I am still sitting here in my jammies and haven't cracked the front door for so much as a breath of fresh air all day. We may have to do that now, since we had a restaurant-type dinner consisting of grilled fish and greasy, extra cheesy patty melts!

Oh yeah, like that goes together.

For those of you who don't understand what I mean by restaurant style...it's basically this; the good mom who's finally going to cook for the deprived family, takes orders and cooks, in a kinda what-ever-you-want-mama-loves-you style.

We all had very yummy patty melts with a choice of Pepperjack or American Cheese or a combo of each, and/or onions. Tam decided she'd have a little grilled fish to go along with it, satisfying her craving for Red Lobster?!

Yes. That's her kind of logic.

Well, thankfully, she grilled the hamburger patties before the fish on our handy-dandy Emeril Grill while I did the rest, but now she's complaining about how the house smells. Seriously? What does she know? It smells way better than skunk weed odor I've had to endure around this place lately!

So, this morning, I was awakened with a start for the 2nd day in a row, as the girl child came in to tell me she was once again off with her boyfriend and his mom to help her move! TO OUR TOWN! Maybe her son will once again resume living there, now that his mom and grandparents are both going to be living within a few miles of us. One can only hope!

I take that back.
He's going to be moving in with them just as soon as they get settled, considering there's no further need for him to stay here.

Genius. I know!

How he got here to begin with is another story in the "Rescue" files, but suffice it to say, he was about to be homeless, while living with his previous girlfriend's family. Since Ab is such a good friend with a mom who tends to rescue people and stray animals, Ab decided to ask me if he could stay in our guest room until he got a job and an apartment.

Soooooo.......yes, I said, "Of course, honey!" instead of "Gee, that's really too bad he's in such a predicament!" and he's been here since August and is NOW, Abbie's boyfriend.

Funny how those things happen, huh.

I think I should'a had Remo call with some parenting advice before making that decision. He's just sooo good at that.

Sometimes I am just so stupid for someone who used to be so damn smart.

7 comments:

  1. I understand about the exercising..but I'm trying to play racquetball once a week..:) Can't seem to win a game yet... Also, don't beat yourself up too hard about the boyfriend...Hopefully things will work themselves out.. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Sunday sounds a lot like our Sunday. Only difference? I chopped up a bunch of veggies and threw them in the crockpot, along with some chciken yesterday morning. LOL SO I didn't even have to make dinner! Woo Hoo!

    Gotta love a crockpot.

    Have a wonderful holiday week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the exercise today!! WooHoo!!!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by to follow my blog. I appreciate it. I look forward to reading more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I getting the feeling you have a rather chaotic household...

    ReplyDelete
  6. See? I'm glad SOMEONE finally sees the light. LOL The problem isn't in asking for my advice - it's in the execution.

    You know the answers. You just can't ask the question. You corrections-types are all the same. Let the apes out of their cages one too many times and all hell breaks loose. HA!

    I think the exercise thing is just the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you love Sundays!

    Frankie and I always stop by to read your posts as they're always so well written and entertaining. We got a Kreativ Blogger award recently and now want to acknowledge your blog to! Cheers.
    Bella

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!