1. What single food on the Thanksgiving dinner menu did you most look forward to?
Turkey! I love fresh, roasted white meat turkey, especially when I don't have to cook it! My hostess did just fine...outstanding actually!
2. What single food was your least favorite?
Like I am going to disrespect anything that I ate at someone else's house! Not on your life! So, I'll just say the carrots, only because I didn't have any as there wasn't enough room on my plate and besides, I filled my veggie spot with her tasty, fresh green beans!
3. How many plates of food did you eat? Did you take the big nap afterwards?
I managed to restrain myself to one plate, with a little extra helping of stuffing as that's my favorite stuff on Thanksgiving! Nope..no nap! Who could sleep through a showing of Twilight?
4. Take the quiz: What holiday food are you?
I am like Remo. I don't do the stupid quiz part.
5. What dessert item did you most enjoy from the big feast? Who made it?
Well, it was some kind of layered Pumpkin, Cream Cheese and Cool Whip concoction on top of a yummy graham cracker crust, made by my loving and lovely hostess and her gorgeous teenage daughter!
6. How many meals of leftovers did you bring home?
Actually, I just brought a plate dinner and desert home for Tam as she didn't feel well enough to join us. She ate the meal and I ate her desert! I thought that was fair!
And...now I will tell you the little story of my spectacular arrival for the big Thanksgiving feast!
I am generally not known for my promptness, so I was rushing up to the house bearing gifts, juggling my purse, camera and a nice bottle of Riesling wine just as the entire family and guests were bowing their heads to say the Blessing! As the host opened the door, which was within inches of the dining room table where everyone was seated, I TRIPPED ON THE THRESHOLD AND FELL FORWARD ON MY KNEES AND ELBOWS, LANDING IN THE ENTRYWAY!
Managing to save the modestly priced bottle of wine during the fall, I looked up to a sea of horrified faces, many of which I had never seen before! I was mortified and somewhat in pain, physically and of course, my pride took a beating as well!
But, we all had a good laugh and a great meal!
You can just call me Grace!


Now that is a FUNNY story..I am glad you were not hurt badly..and saved the wine.
ReplyDeleteAlways seeking attention, huh? LOL
ReplyDeleteGee, Lisa! I hope you didn't injure yourself with that fall. Don't Ya just hate when that sort of stuff happens in front of people you havn't met yet but are just about to meet? I'm glad the meal turned out okay and that you were able to enjoy yourself.
ReplyDeleteSam
Someone should have had a camera for that! ;-)
ReplyDeleteOwwwww--glad you weren't hurt! That pumpkin concoction sounds NUMMY!
ReplyDeleteYour arrival probably made a great icebreaker... LOL!
ReplyDeleteI used to totally do this when I was a AOL journaler, way back in '04. I didn't realize that he still did it!
ReplyDeleteGreat answers as usual, and I'm laughing (with you) at your fall! Hey, at least you didn't break the wine! ;)
I always enjoy reading these. Thanks for sharing. Take care with hopes the week ahead is good to you,
ReplyDeleteKatie
Ha! Well at least you'll always remember that "special" day....& so will the new people you were about to meet!
ReplyDeleteOh my!
ReplyDeleteHey, you gave all the other guests something to talk about in the days following the meal. LOL
Glad you weren't hurt and you were able to save the wine. ;)
I was singing that song today...out loud...as I was walking down the street...alone.
ReplyDeleteHmmmmm...perhaps I should try to use my inside voice more often!!
On topic: I usually come skidding in at the very last second with my heart pounding, one pant leg tucked into a boot, the other out, tags hanging out of the back of my shirt...or the shirt on backwards...and make an entrance. Oddly enough, I would prefer to sneak into the room, but I just can't seem to get it right!!!