
“Everybody wants to go to Heaven, get their wings and fly around,
Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody want to go now.
Someday, I want to see those streets of gold with my Halo,
But, I wouldn’t mind waitin’ at least a hundred years or so.
Everybody wants to go to Heaven, it beats the other place there ain’t no doubt…
Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody want to go now.”
~Kenny Chesney’s Hit Country Song-Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven (sung Calypso style so "nobody want" is correct and not a typo!)
I ain’t ready.
Can’t go anytime soon. I’m booked. Yep, at least for the next 30 or 40 years.
No…..I am just not able to fit it in to my ever- expanding schedule. I’ve got a Franklin-Covey planner and I was trained how to use it.
I’m busy, busy, busy!!!
There’s people to see and do…..I mean LOTS of things to do…dear friends and family to enjoy, a laundry list of movies to watch while cuddling on the sofa with a special someone, tons and tons of books to read and at least one to be written, a variety of interesting and beautiful photographs to be taken, edited, shared and maybe sold, photography contests to be entered and won, and scrapbooks to be made for each of the children and of course, one for me!
There’s trying my artistic hand at painting with watercolors and dirtying those hands by throwing a pot or two on a spinning wheel!
There‘s dreams to be dreamt and to see come true; cuddly, sweet-smelling grandbabies and great-grandchildren to be born and rocked, sang to and played with over the next couple of decades. I still have to witness my own children’s continued growth and successes over the coming years.
And……how about that trip to beautiful Costa Rica to visit an old friend who’s just now moving there? The Alaskan Cruise and off-shore excursions; talk about photo ops….oh, and the Spanish Language Immersion trip to Mexico! While I am in Mexico, I must ride a horse in the sunset on the beach…a life-long fantasy that must come true.
Let’s not forget the field of brilliant yellow sunflowers that I’ve been longing to find to and photograph! The family genealogy needs to be finished and skeletons need to be released from the closets!
There’s so many concerts, plays and music to be enjoyed, hands to be held and quiet, comfortable silences with a soul-mate that I‘d like to grow old with; whoever he may be.
There’s an abundant life to be lived and enjoyed, with this new spiritual outlook…so I just need that opportunity to take these once broken wings and learn fly. God, please hear my prayer!
I must also have a chance to finish preparing “my” perfect Heaven. I’m still picking out the furniture, décor, and the sunsets and sunrises. The above photo is a incredible scene from my wonderful weekend! I think it's gonna work just fine!
Then there’s the people who will be in my glorious Heaven too. Some are already there. Some I’ll have to wait for once I get there. Some of you may be there too. I will let you know! Someone recently told me I’d be in his Heaven! I think that was one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me! Imagine that!
There’s lots of work yet to be done. In the meantime, I am living as if there’s Heaven on Earth.
I hope you are too!
Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies within us while we live.
-Norman Cousins


That's very pretty! :)
ReplyDelete