
Okay....so maybe I was a little premature in pooh-poohing our little Winter snow storm.
They've closed every major highway in, out and around here due to MORE snow. I am sure that people in the Los Angeles area are ecstatic and enjoying the fact that people from the North can't get anywhere near there due to road closures. They may even be able to reduce their bumper-to-bumper freeway commute time by 5 minutes or so. There's a plus side to everything! And...school's still closed. It looks like our kids will have a 3 week Christmas break!
Our situation is still mild compared to anything you people who live where you REALLY get snow would experience, but it's damn near crippling to us Californians. However, it's very scenic. I would insert a photo here, but that would entail me getting out in that wet stuff and messing up my pretty brown Uggs. Yeah, like that's going to happen!
We were suppose to be heading down the mountain this morning to a Cardiologist appointment for Tam, however..it looks like that's NOT going to happen either. They said we could be as late as 9:30, but the road's still closed. Tam started to panic as this is an appointment she really needs, and I calmly reminded her that we could reschedule if necessary and I then said....."Don't have a heart attack!
A poor choice of words, I'm sure.


Well, I guess you have no choice BUT to enjoy the snow:) Have fun, go build a snow man!
ReplyDeleteI was pooh poohing the weather up here too. However, I'm starting to reconsider things! Yet on the other hand, it's nothing like I've experienced when I lived in Indiana! Maybe I'm just older now and this weather feels extreme to me now. :-) Take care, keep warm, keep the pretty brown uggs clean and dry (I'm JEALOUS) ... I should be wishing them wet and soggy but, I'm just jealous not mean. :-)
ReplyDeleteMonica
I just think it is amazing that it is snowing where you are - I mean - cmon its california!
ReplyDelete:p
We haev more snow coming in tonight at rush hour - joy to the world and all that - the schools here never close - so my boys dont get a break until its time!
hang in there!
We may have a snow day tomorrow here in CT. I am ready for my 7.5 to wake me at 6am to find out for sure.
ReplyDeleteThanks for following my blog!
Enjoy the snow! :)
ReplyDeleteoh goodness! it's a real emergency for you all, no? we are having freezing rain while i type this. it should make for a LOVELY drive tomorrow a.m. NOT.
ReplyDelete♥
"Don't have a heart attack". Very funny.
ReplyDeleteI love snow. Wish we would get a little of it here in the MD/DC/VA area.
Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday!
Enjoy the snow! For once I can't take credit. hehe
ReplyDelete