
My coat sure does. Ick.
I am so glad I quit smoking 20 years ago.
They say there's nothing worse than being a reformed smoker; except for maybe being the odd woman out, held captive in a house with THREE chain smokers, because you brought the game they wanted to play. Yeah, I thought it would be somewhat awkward to run out SCREAMING the minute I saw that all three of them were going to LIGHT UP, in the house, at the SAME time.
I'd forgotten that the hostess was a smoker when I accepted the invitation, and it just didn't occur to me that she or anyone else would actually smoke inside HER HOUSE, because my Bunco friends who smoke...do so outside! During. dedicated. smoke. breaks.
I am just so sheltered anymore.
But, because I was once a totally inconsiderate smoker and I sooooo understand addiction to nicotine and other substances; and I was wearin' my big girl "granny panties".... I was on my best behavior...::cough::....last night during a rousing game of LEFT, RIGHT, CENTER, played for quarters I might add!
And....I came home 10 bucks ahead!
Now...I am going Christmas shopping.
Really, I am.


I am an ex-smoker-turned-re-smoker for like the 5th time. But we don't smoke in the house, especially when non-smokers are present. But I do remember doing that in the past, so I can relate. Sorry you got all stinky, but YAY for winning money!
ReplyDeleteOK, I'm an almost 10 month non smoker. But I will never understand people who DON'T smoke in their own homes. When you work all day long and your biggest expense in life is your home-why would it not be yours to do anything you wanted in? Smoking was my favorite activity, I would never have stepped outside in the elements to enjoy it...that's why I had a job, to pay for my smoke place.
ReplyDeletethanks for the follow. You are funny! I keep hearing about the Shack. I have to get it!
ReplyDeleteCOngrats on all the time for not smoking!!! I wish I could get my husband to stop - but so soon after stopping the drink I am guessing that would not go over too well! ha!
ReplyDeleteHave a great holiday!
I do not smoke and my husband has quit. He is a militant exsmoker....My daughter and I play Trivia, it is in a bar and I love to play Trivia...Hwever, the same thing I smell like smoke when I leave. I get home about 9 to 10 and have to shower and wash my hair or the pillow will smell like smoke. I never tried the Febreeze, wonder if it does work ...
ReplyDeleteUmmmm, in college, when we would smoke stuff that wasn't tobacco, we'd use a paper towel roll with a fresh Febreeze over the end. Everyone thought we were drinking beer and doing laundry.
ReplyDeletePK
I hate when my hair smells of cigarettes - which is rarely now.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on being smoke free for so long now.
Did you get the shopping completed?
Monica
Congrats on the win! I so rarely come across people who smoke indoors, it's always so shocking to me...and I smoked for over a decade!
ReplyDeleteWow your neocounter is way cool! Ten bucks is ten bucks! Yipee!
ReplyDeleteI'm a reformed smoker as well. Can't STAND it now. It literally makes me ill to smell smoke, esp when I bring it home or in the car on my clothes.
i smoke, but i definitely don't smoke in our house-- nothing worse than that stale cigarette smell after awhile. ewwww.
ReplyDeletemerry christmas, love.
i hope you have a good one.
ps: GO SHOPPING.
When I first started working at the accounting department of a grocery chain in the eighties, people were allowed to smoke at their desks, cubicles, etc. I always came home smelling like smoke:(
ReplyDelete