Shopping is better than sex. If you're not satisfied after shopping you can make an exchange for something you really like.
~Adrienne Gusoff
I do my best work under pressure. Geez. Is it really only 5 days until Christmas?
It's Saturday morning, even though it says above that I posted this on Friday. I actually just saved the quote then.
Anyway. Last night I managed to make the rounds of the few places we have to choose from here in town to pick up a couple of gifts and today, I will head down the mountain and finish it up. Maybe, just maybe I will start feeling that Christmas spirit.
When it comes to Christmas shopping, I am normally not this late as I've usually done most of my shopping online, at least by the first of December. There's nothing like shopping in your jammies. Although, this year I just couldn't get it together to even accomplish that. I used to be the type that would go wayyyyyy overboard and feel that if it wasn't for me, NO ONE in this family would have a Christmas.
This year, I am at the opposite end of the scale, feeling like it would be really nice if the Christmas Gods would shine down on me and my family and just MAKE it happen, since I am not really feelin' it, nor do I have the energy to accomplish it all. But, I am very grateful that we've been invited to a dear friend's house for Christmas Dinner. Since they have little kids, that ought to make it fun; because I am really missing my grandson and the joy that he brings me.
Well, I am off to be one of those last minute Christmas shoppers! Wish me well as I make my way through the crowds!


I really kind of want to shop today. I know...CRAZY! I may head out to Costco just for the heck of it. Oh, and for some chicken broth. Once Christmas shopping is done, it's back to buying boring stuff. :)
ReplyDeleteThe quote you have at the top of the post is hilarious!
Love the header--it looks great! :-D Please don't feel like you need to send me something; it was a pleasure to do it, and it didn't take long. :)
Have fun and good luck! Hopefully you'll find everything you need in one store! LOL (Don't we wish?)
ReplyDeleteBTW, I'm the ultimate on-line shopper. Every single present (except a couple) I ordered on-line. :)
XOXO
Adrienne Gusoff never spent a weekend with Remo.
ReplyDeleteAdrienne is a chick, right?
This was the first year I've ever started my shopping before December. And it's a damn good thing I did too because the thing I got my mom had to be ordered before December in order to get here by Christmas. A few of the gifts I did this year were things I made, (for my grandma and mom) so it was nice to have the extra time to finish those. I still have to buy for my brother and his girlfriend however... something I don't look forward to. It's hard to spend money on people you may love, but don't really like at the moment. Oh and I still have to buy the stocking stuffers for Jazzy. We went out to the mall today just for a moment and I thought I was going to murder half those people. I think I'll avoid that area for a couple of weeks. ;)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jamie