
It's been a swell couple of days for computer issues. On Saturday afternoon, while I was trying to make my way through the crowds shopping for winter snow storm provisions in my friendly Albertson's grocery store, I got a somewhat urgent sounding telephone message from my friendly computer repair people asking me to call "as soon as possible." Hmmmmm, I thought, "This can't be good!"
Being the procrastinator that I am, I figured they were getting somewhat perturbed at me for not picking up the new external hard drive that they diligently worked on to transfer all of the uber important stuff off my dying laptop, which they were unfortunately unable to save from going to Computer Heaven. So, I dropped off the load of groceries; enough to endure an Alaskan winter and shamefully headed off to see the computer peeps.
As I guiltily walked in the door, I said lightheartedly, "Don't pay the ransom, I've been released and I am finally here to pick up my stuff!"
We all had a nice little chuckle, then Kathy, one of the owners said, "Well...that's why I called! The store, one little block away from the Police Station was burglarized last night and they stole 5 laptops, including yours!"
But, she said, the good news was that they didn't steal the new external hard drive, which was worth way more than my poor, elderly laptop that had been stripped of all things Lisa, and given it's solemn Last Rites!
Ha!
SUCKAS!!!!!
Try pawning that jewel of a laptop.....Einstein!
And....for much deserved penance, I guess.......probably because I was seriously and gleefully gloating over the fate of really stupid criminal types who, in this jolly Holiday season would have the horrible misfortune of stealing 5 laptops in various state of disrepair during these tough economic times -GUESS WHAT happened to smug little me......
THE HOME PC CRASHED early yesterday afternoon!
Fortunately...I'd already purchased a replacement laptop and here I sit!
Ha!


hehe you tell em! : )
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it's all for the best anyway, who doesn't want a newer laptop and see the idiots get away with something you didn't want in the first place.
People really make you wonder sometimes. Glad you had another laptop already. I haven't owned a desktop computer in years. I just love the convience of the laptop entirely too much. ;)
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jamie
my son was saying that theft was up from years before ... even for this time of year. According to him it's not all due to the economy. I guess his police department has been doing really good with the drug situation and now the drug dealers are stealing to get money. I don't know if that's any better!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have a replacement laptop and were able to stay online. And we can only chuckle that the criminals got computers in need of repair. :-)
Monica