Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pay It Forward and Artsy Pen Pal Gifts

Photobucket

It's like Christmas here, all over again and I feel giddy like a little kid with all my new treasures!

In the Pay it Forward tag that we did a couple of months ago, my friend, Jenn at J-Online sent me this very creative hat box, that she decorated with stickers and sweet motivational quotes such as...Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year! And...Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows!

Inside it was filled with magnetic note pads, a journal, some fancy-schmancy Post-it page markers which I will use up promptly...since I highlight or mark passages in nearly every book I read...and the icing on this was a package of honest to goodness Texas Bluebonnet Lupine seed, since Jenn is from Texas!! I can't wait to add them to my garden!! Jenn commented in the card that accompanied this special gift, "As you can see, I'm not very creative!" HUH? Can you imagine her thinkin' that after seeing this! Silly girl! I think it's very creative and MUCH appreciated!!! Thank you Jenn!!!

Photobucket

Then...over at C. Beth's blog, we did a holiday Artsy Pen Pal exchange and look at this adorable Sunny Snow-woman I received from another Jen, in Wisconsin! She's a stay at home mom of an 8 month old and found the time to create this outstanding little piece of art! Isn't it cute? (Jen....I want to link to you but I am still attempting to get your blog address from Beth to do so, but I send my sincere thanks!)

And....I am going to use this Sunny Snow-woman like a Flat Stanley! Her first stop? She's going to my son in Afghanistan for a visit and photos, which I will share later! From what my son tells me, Afghanistan is soooo cold right now, he could use a little sunshine!!! Watch for the photos!

Again, my thanks ladies for your thoughtfulness and creativity!

PS, My Pay it Forward gift went to Melissa the other day and Remo..yours is almost ready to be mailed and different from Melissa's so in case she posts an entry about it, it won't ruin your surprise!

6 comments:

  1. it looks like you got some beautiful, heartfelt creations! i would LOVE to see that snow-woman first hand! send her to me after she makes her trip to Afghanistan!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute, thoughtful gifts!
    And you can send Ms. Bikini Snow Woman to me too. :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool!!! I'm expecting an artsy postcard from Judi (Judith Heartsong)and I can hardly wait. I love getting stuff in the mail from fellow bloggers. Enjoy, Lisa! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. She really put a lot of detailed planning into that. I love the box idea and how she decorated it. What a nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome, I did a pay it forward from shadow, but no body signed up. i feel kind of bad because Shadow is going to be sending me something. I think I will just return the favor right back to her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!