Monday, January 5, 2009

A river runs through it...............

Photobucket

Tomorrow I am flying to Tennessee for some serious cave time in my very own safe-haven....my condo, all by my lonesome.

I haven't been to our condo in Clarksville since the family fallout last summer, as there didn't seem to be any reason to go, when I was deemed persona non gratis. It seemed any association with the place just stirred up sad memories and anger, so it was better for me to stay away until the dust settled. Even though I thought we were on our way to mending fences at Christmas time, that didn't pan out and I decided not to spend the holiday there as planned.

So, this "visit" will be for a whole different reason as I am heading there to say "Come back to us...safely!" to Fly Boy who is being deployed to Afghanistan for one year.....on January 9th, just days after becoming a father for the second time. ::big sigh::

Photobucket

Personally, I don't know how much time I will get to spend with him, due to his immediate family obligations, but even 5 minutes will suffice. The icing on the cake would be to see my grandsons as well and the cherry on top would be to have all of this resolved...like grownups should do...and put it behind us. We'll see what happens. It's all out of my control. It's helpful to remember that very simple fact.

Fortunately, I totally enjoy my own company and the absence of my girls...who tend to just mess up the place while they're around anyway. During the next 10 days, I will enjoy the peace, quiet and cleanliness and come and go as I please. I will frequent the junk stores and flea markets, looking for decorative treasures and bargain books to enjoy by my fireplace. Cave Man bought me several movies that I'm taking along to watch and I'll add them to the list of those I've actually seen, which, thanks to him.....is growing by leaps and bounds. I will feed the cardinals, finches, and the variety of other birds, watching them with my binoculars as they enjoy the seed on my deck. I will take a few hours to look for new photo opportunities along the beautiful Cumberland River and in the local old cemeteries. I'll have lunch with a couple of friends and maybe even find an Al-Anon meeting to attend. Maybe I will drive to Nashville and take in a Saturday night show at The Grand Ol' Opry!

And...........

Photobucket

I'll be in touch!

13 comments:

  1. It sounds great. I believe that each of us has to get away from it all for a while. And just be with ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,I'm very jealous. I really love alone time..
    but hardly ever get more than 2 hours at a time! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel safe, Lisa, and cherish your alone time! My best wishes to Fly Boy. 2 of mine are back in Iraq again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well come on down to Tennessee;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alone time? That still exists? I'm so glad, because now I have hope again.

    Just kidding. I actually get about 7 hours to myself tomorrow and I am just as excited. Have fun, write us, and stay sane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, that sounds idyllic.

    I hope you you're able to resolve whatever issues are plaguing your family so your visit is a peaceful one.

    Have fun, sweetie.

    May your son stay safe in Afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ten days to read, sleep, watch chick flicks, shop leisurely, and NOT HAVE TO COOK...oh my gosh you're gonna be living my ultimate fantasy. Enjoy every single second of it, my friend.

    You son will be in my prayers as will your situation.

    I hope you are able to put a new "memory stamp" on your condo and that peace will abound.

    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a wonderful trip. Don't get lost though, Tennessee isn't a safe place for little lost souls. The devil lives there with his banjo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm so jealous that you'll get a mini vacation. i hope you get to spend some time with your grandsons. i know you really want to.

    lots of hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be thinking about you. Have a safe peaceful trip.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do hope things get resolved, you are such a sweet, kind woman. Enjoy Tennessee ... I wanna go soo bad! : )

    Many hugs,
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had a getaway place like the one you describe. I would LOVE to have a few days all to myself.

    I hope that it is just the respite that you seek.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!