Fly Boy has married his Fall Girl.
I have dubbed her "Fall Girl" since she’s part of the Army’s demonstration sky-diving team. What a combination, huh! On Wednesday, they tied the knot in the face of military discipline, since he’s an officer and she’s enlisted. They’ve already told on themselves and are facing the music with whatever the powers to be choose to do in this case.They decided to get married before he leaves for Iraq next week, so with her visiting mother as a witness, they had a civil ceremony and it was done. A traditional wedding is planned for family and friends upon his return to the States. We all fell in love with her and welcomed her to our family when they were here this summer. I am so happy for them and us too. She’s a smart, and beautiful girl. They are so in love and make a wonderful couple. And, she wants FOUR children! How cool is that? I’ll be a grandmother yet!
Another weekend and I am just chock full of good intentions.
If I could only just set my fanny down and get at what needs to be done. Paperwork, and more paperwork. Besides being a first class procrastinator, after handling mountains of paper each day at work, moving more paperwork at home is the last thing I want to do. Especially, on a weekend.What happened to my Type A personality? I think it’s still there about 10 hours a day, but that’s only at work. In the "comfort" of my home, if I stop, I drop. Lately, I am dropping the minute I darken the door. I guess I am still adjusting to the quiet, and the changes with it just being the two of us. And, it is really different. As a typical teenage, Ab doesn’t have too much to say anyway and she’ll spend her time using the computer to chat with her friends on the Instant Messenger, read (yes!) or watch some television. She hasn’t even wanted to go out to dinner, instead we each just grab something out of the freezer or a sandwich. Now with the time change, I’m feeling like I want to hibernate for the long winter ahead. ::Yawn::
Last night I found a yellow piece of paper on the table in the entry way that wasn’t there when I left for work yesterday. It was a notice from Animal Control that they’d impounded my boxer dogs, with absolutely no explanation as to why. Grrrrrr. I imagine that Sly and Tiana managed to find their way out of theyard with our rickety fence. Our fence is in pretty bad shape, and with the wind it’s likely that part of it blew down. It was dark when we got home, so we don’t know exactly. The dogs probably went over to play and visit with the construction workers, (who obviously know where they live) and I’m sure they were too busy to pay them much attention or get them back in the yard. So, picking up the "runaways" is another thing to add to my "to-do" list today.
Well, I am off to get started. Maybe.


Hi, Lisa! AOL alerts are apparently sucking again...I'm not getting alerts when you post! GRRRRR! Congratulations to Fly Boy and his lady. They really are a cute couple. They won't get in really huge trouble, will they? Lisa :-]
ReplyDelete