I wrapped myself in my grief yesterday.
Like a blanket pulled tight around me, it was comfortable and warm. Cleansing, says the book. Staying in my pajamas for the day, I didn’t even run a brush through my hair or wash my face. The tears came easily and I let them fall, without the worry that my makeup would be mussed.
Returning to the safety of my bed, I read my ‘self-help’ book on grieving and truly grieved. Hot, searing tears burned into my cheeks and cooled on my pillow.
I prayed. I slept. Three solid hours of relief from the conscious pain of missing my dad, now gone for three months exactly.
Today, I am not much better. But I will get dressed and try to accomplish something.
Maybe, even put on some make-up.


{{{{{Lisa}}}}} Three months seems like a week...maybe less. Sometimes, you just have to go to the sad, empty place and cry. It doesn't seem like it helps, but it does. Lisa :-]
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have close family relations. I'm sorry for your grief. I hope this stage passes quickly so you can rest on your good memories and be healed from the pain. God bless you. Shana
ReplyDeleteWhy does cleansing have to be so painful? The holidays can so rough on the heart when someone is missing from the celebration.... a Hug from me, Kristi
ReplyDelete