
Carmi at Written, Inc. has a weekly Thematic Photography segment in his blog. I happened upon it today and like some of his other followers, I decided to play along with this week's theme of "Broken."
I love photography! It's my latest passion in life! I'd say I am a "self-learner" rather than self-taught as I have a long way to go, especially when it comes to the mechanics of photography. I've yet to try my hand at the manual settings on the camera due to fear that I'd never, ever get the camera back to the default settings. But, I'll tell you a little secret! The newer cameras..like mine, have a button to push that will automatically reset your camera to the default settings, so there's really no excuse to be scared!
When I am busy taking photos, regardless of the environment, or in the process of editing them, I find that I lose all sense of time, because I'm truly living in the moment. It's a wonderful escape!
I love the fact that at times, a photo can really speak a 1000 words! I had to dig through some of my old photos to find one fitting for this week's theme, but came upon this one which I think works.....
When my (late) father was hospitalized a few years ago, I brought him this vase of flowers and the cute little Nun statue and placed them on his window sill. When I returned to visit the next day, I discovered that the white carnation-the only carnation-in the midst of those yellow daisies, was broken. I don't know how it happened, but I found it beautiful in its own way and snapped this photo.
Of all the family I've lost in this life...four years later, I am still broken at the loss of my wonderful father.


That is, somehow, quite beautiful in its own way.
ReplyDeleteI'm finding myself missing my father a lot again as Thanksgiving and Christmas is coming up. (He passed last October, of 2007.) I wouldn't have thought it'd hit me so hard AGAIN. May your holidays go well for you, one day, one step at a time. p.s. -- next time I hear the "holiday rapping" song about the woman running into her potential date while last minute buying cranberries, I'll think of you and hope maybe grocery guy actually gets his butt in gear, or else hey, he doesn't deserve you.
"When I am busy taking photos, regardless of the environment, or in the process of editing them, I find that I lose all sense of time, because I'm truly living in the moment. It's a wonderful escape!"
ReplyDeleteI totally agree!
Good job on your picture. I like the light coming in through the window. It adds a nice touch.
This is beautiful! I agree with you on how you feel when your're lost in photography, it's a wonderful escape, and it's great therapy too!
ReplyDelete