
Well today is a bea-u-ti-ful day in the neighborhood!
DAMNIT! Where is a good blizzard when you need it?
I say that because I am now going to have NO EXCUSE other than being SKEERED to get out of taking some outdoor photos of two incredibly gorgeous children of one of Tam's high school friends-THIS AFTERNOON!
While I would love to think of myself as a photographer, just like I would love to think of myself as a writer....my somewhat limited photography skills have been challenged by mostly non-moving subjects, like say...mountains, flowers, large rocks in an ocean scene, like what you see in my header shot-which, by the way morphed into art in post editing.
I am not toooooo experienced with people, but have managed to pull out a few good candid moments like this shot of my incredibly genius Grandson, FlyBoy, Jr. Gorgeous, isn't he? I am sooooo fond of that child! (A quote from the book-The Shack)
-43.jpg)
It's the silly-kid-photographer-shaking-a-stuffed-animal, cootchie-cooing...say "hippopotamus ignoramus" stuff that I am not sure an ol' prison guard can pull off because she can find it difficult to not be so self-conscious!
So, I figured I could use all the help I can get and yesterday I bought a book at Borders, conveniently entitled, The BetterPhoto Guide to Photographing Children, by Jim Miotke. The cover says it's designed to help "you" get the best possible images! So I have to make this entry quick since I need to go cram for today's photo shoot!
But, before I go, I want to pimp a wonderful blog that I follow; Pictures, Poetry and Prose! Laura Jayne, the blog owner asked me to submit some photos to be considered for "inspirational prompts" on her amazing site! So, I submitted a few, today one of my flower shots is being used as "Colorful Inspiration" in which Laura Jayne asks the writers to:
1. Describe in rich detail the colors in this photo.
2. Create a piece of writing using some/all those descriptions in a unique way.
You really should go see what the writers have written using my photo as inspiration!!! I am soooo humbled and AWEd! I am grateful and honored and very proud! Wow!! Such talent displayed by those writers! Thank you to Laura Jayne and her amazing contributors! I am beaming!
And...I am inspired to go out there and give it my ALL! Even if I do have to say silly stuff like..."Turtle Tortellini!" <---That's two I just made that up! Sometimes I amaze myself! :)
Wish me LUCK!!!


Wishing you luck! :-)
ReplyDeleteYou just reminded me of a funny story when my son was little - He came and asked what I was cooking for dinner. I answered Tortellinis. He said "I'm not eatin' no turtle weenies for dinner!" LOL!
If you say Turtle tortellini you WILL get children to laugh for the photographs. I always tell the parents, DO NOT ask your children to say "cheese" UGH ... let them say TIPPY TACOS or Turtle Tortellini, get them giggling and you got it going on! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. BTW, if you have questions you can always e-mail me and I'd be happy to answer the questions. E-mail address is now: sonensmilinmon@gmail.com. If I don't know the answer my husband will know or have ideas!
ReplyDeleteMonica, now off ot check out the blog you mentioned.
LOL - I just read Martha's comment! I can just see a kid thinking that's what it was.
ReplyDeleteMonica
I'd just like to know how you got the photo in the header.
ReplyDeleteI'm a simple man. LOL
I noticed someone on your Neocounter is form Piqua, Ohio. Who be 'dat? Remo's Daddy is from Piqua.
ReplyDeleteI love the unique perspective and inspiration your photo offered. You have such an eye for a photo.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Although I'm a little late getting here. :)
ReplyDelete