Wednesday, November 26, 2008

To State the Obvious.....I have......

issues Pictures, Images and Photos

So, right NOW...this very second....I am having serious co-dependent ISSUES; worrying about things that I can't control.

Oh yeah; things that haven't happened.

Things that may NOT happen!

Catastrophes of gigantic proportions.

Things that aren't really my business, but may have a ripple effect on my fragile sense of serenity.

But, the good thing is I am recognizing what's happening and trying to calm myself down. I keep reminding myself to breathe...and inhale every time I exhale. Simple I know, but some of us need help with those basic principles of sustaining life when we feel compelled to squeeze the living daylights out of the universe in an attempt to control the spin of the axis.

Yesterday, all was right with the world. Brooke Burke was declared the Champion on Season 7's Dancing with the Stars and I was thoroughly engrossed in the book Twilight absolutely lovin' me some teenage vampire and riding high and proud, having had the "talk" with Ab and her boyfriend about how it's now time for him to move in with his family now that they're convieniently living in our town.

Big Banana Pictures, Images and Photos

Since I used to be able to negotiate a banana from a monkey, I didn't think it was going to be too hard to break this news to the two of them, and I am sure they knew it was coming. How could they NOT?

So they were loaded for bear and they really tried to work on my guilt and rescue tendencies with compelling stories and comments on how dysfunctional the entire family is; how the Grandpa is crazy even though he's dying of cancer..which may contribute to that craziness...I would think, and how he won't allow his grandson to move back in, etc.

Then of course, there's the lack of room since his mother moved in with the grandparents and how his mom's eventually going to get her own place as soon as she gets her settlement that's to arrive any day now, for the multiple faulty pacemakers that she's had implanted and replanted. And so it went, on and on and on. But, I held my ground, with understanding and sympathy, and by reinforcing my belief and support of the young man my daughter loves. Firmly, but gently I made it clear that he needs to move on within the next two or three weeks, max.

Today....I am awakened abrubtly once again, by Ab, who tells me that she's at the local hospital's Emergency Room, (which is never a good place to be if you're really sick in this small town).....with her boyfriend and his mom. This morning his mom had a horrific asthma attack, probably from all that moving and the rainy weather and is in pretty bad shape with a blood pressure reading of 60/30.

I dunno, as I am not a medical professional but that doesn't sound good to me, especially considering her laundry list of medical issues.

Of course, I know I sometimes have a tendency to think the worst in those types of situations.

So, I am praying and sending out positive energy for her as she battles this medical crisis, in between my moments of panic!

I seriously need some dark chocolate and maybe a brown paper bag in which to breathe.

(An Update: The boyfriend's mom was released from the hospital at about 4:00 pm, all is well...so far!)

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there and turn it over. You did your part, stood your ground, now give it to whomever your higher power is to worry about.

    Prouda you!!

    I hope the bf's mom is okay - just keep sending those positive vibes.

    Try to have a nice thanksgiving too - we just gotta keep on keeping on.


    hugs
    =) kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD FOR YOU!! You just gave yourself the best Thanksgiving gift you could receive - your very own spine (Geesh, that came out horrible). Stand proud and stand firm. I hope the woman is okay but maybe there is no better time for the boy to show what a great provider he can be (in your daughter's eyes) than to step up and live with his mom to make sure she recovers well.

    There is no crisis - only the sensation of making others be accountable for themselves. Worry for them? Sure. But be prouder of yourself.

    I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud of you for standing your ground. And I'm TOTALLY with ya on the whole lusting after vampires deal. :)

    I want Edward. Who wouldn't? LOL Just wait until you read the rest of the series.

    Glad the mom is okay. As an RN, I can say in official capacity, a blood pressure of 60/30 is definitely NOT good. ;)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!