Monday, November 22, 2004

This morning I awakened to a light dusting of snow on my car and covering our beautiful mountains.  By the time I headed off to work, any snow on the streets had melted, which makes the drive a lot easier and safer.  That's my kind of snow! Too bad Mother Nature couldn't just make it blanket the landscaping so it would be pretty and not so hazardous.  And, with all the "flat-landers" we've had move here, it's down-right scary out there on our roads in the snow and ice.  I just wish they'd slow down, for everyone's safety.

Tonight I arrived home to a sparkling, clean house, thanks to a wonderful lady who I found recently, who just happens to clean like I wouldIF I cleaned house.  She's wonderful and I am so grateful to have her.  She even does windows, laundry and ironing, all in about 1/4 of the time it would take me and she's nearly 60 years old!   Makes me glad to have a civil service job and retirement, so I am not having to work  that hard when I am her age.  Bless her heart!  But, she says she loves housekeeping and she's so good at it, so we both benefit. 

Tomorrow I'm off to the big city to see the orthopedist about my ankle and ligaments.  It may be too late to do much good for this injury, but we'll see.  The ankle is far from healed, and the ligament always pops and sometimes it feels as if I have a cramp in the bottom of my foot that won't turn loose.  I am not wishing for surgery, but with all the bone chips and the stretched out ligaments, it may be necessary.  I would just like to remain vertical and on my feet when necessary, especially in public! 

Since I didn't have a dinner partner, I went out to dinner by myself, just like a big kid, for the 2nd night in a row.  I'm normally not bothered by that if I only do it once in awhile, but night after night can get a little lonely.  Tonight I felt like some Japanese and I had a delicious meal of teriyaki chicken and veggies, with a glass of plum wine.  If I could make my veggies taste like theirs, I wouldn't be fat because I'd fill up on them every day.  Yum.

It's another short week at work because of the holiday, so we're cramming 5 days worth of work into 3 days.  Since I'm off tomorrow, that may make it worse for me by the time  Wednesday arrives.  And we are down about 4 managers who are off on sick leave!  Arrgghhh.  I get a headache just thinking about it.  Maybe surgery isn't such a bad idea after all!  Nah.   

Goodnight all! 

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see your part of the country in the snow. I am not much of a snow person I like to look at it but HATE to travel in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For now, we keep our snow up in the mountains, like up on Mt. Hood.  Which is fine...if I want it, I know where to go to get it.  I lived 29 years in Chicago, and probably got all the snow I ever really want.  It's pretty...but, out here, it can be pretty dangerous!  Lisa  :-]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!