Sunday, February 8, 2004

Space Age Washer and Dryer

January 31, 2004 100px x 100px

Laundry....and more laundry.

Seems I will never get it caught up today and I will have to finish up tomorrow.

Expecting to finish it today would be asking a bit much, considering that my "old" washer and dryer were broken and I've done without for the past week or so. The dirty clothes piled up like a mountain while I waited for the newly purchased ones to arrive!

Yep, I broke down and bought the top of the line Kenmore-front loading washer and matching gas dryer in white. Plus, for a "mere" $150 bucks each, I got the two pedestals with storage drawers that go underneath the washer and dryer, raising them up to a more convienient level. A necessary evil, because it's a little too hard to bend down to put the clothes in a front loading washer.

Sitting up that high, they almost look like the industrial dryers you'd see at a laundramat.

These shiny new, space-age looking puppies, complete with pedestals, set me back about $2400.00! But, they are supposed to save on water by using 68% less water to wash a full load of clothes. Also, they use less soap, bleach and softner in the automatic dispensers that you can't overfill.

I hope by spending less on water and detergent, I can make that up toward the cost of this beauties! Gosh, even Abbie's thrilled with them and asked to learn how to program them so she can do some laundry herself! You go girl!!

Is tomorrow too soon? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!