Saturday, February 7, 2004

This One's for the Girls

This One's for the Girls!
January 9, 2004

100px x 100px Since I've been off work for several weeks taking care of Papa, "The Girls" called me and invited me to dinner at the Japanese restaurant, the other night. It was "our treat" they said! "Sure", I said I'd go, since I don't get invitations like that very often!

It's my nature to pick up the check when I dine out with friends, usually because I have done the inviting, and since I have a great paying job, I like to share the wealth. But this time the girls made it clear the meal was on them! I felt very indulged! Kinda like an extra birthday or Christmas gift!

I met Kathy, Edris and Mary at the restaurant about 10 minutes after 5. I was supposed to be there at 5:00, but true to form I was late! We laughed about that right away, because they know me pretty well. Even when I am off work I am late! I think I had a pretty good reason this time, which escapes me right now but....I have decided this is the year that I will do better at being prompt.

Lately, for the most part, I have been at least ten to fifteen minutes early to all Papa's appointments. So, there's a start. Always room for improvement!

So, the girls and I greeted each other with a hug. Mind you, this was not just a perfunctory type of hug. You know the kind...a half-hearted, lean-in where you pat the person on the back, acting like you are seriously glad to see them.

Nope, this was a genuine, wrap your arms around each other, like what they call "Bear Hugs" and pull tight and squeeze.

Then top it off with a few sincere pats and circular rubs on the back while you tell the person how glad you are to see them. REAL, HOLY, LOVING HUGS!

continued next entry..................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!