Saturday, February 7, 2004

This One's for the Girls-Part III

Continued from previous entry..........

We talked about my recent birthday party and how much fun it was. I told them I couldn't have asked for a better party!

We all agreed that the attendance was amazing! We had nearly a hundred people show up, which really surprised me! Although, I had to admit that for several days I was getting worried that no one was going to come, because people just don't RSVP as requested anymore. Then we'd received several last minute calls from people who couldn't make it and some cancellations from those who absolutely intended on attending but got sick or had a conflicting issue. So, I told the girls how I began feeling totally sorry for myself thinking NO ONE would show up at my party. And on the afternoon before the party was to start, I sat down and wrote a journal entry titled...What IF They Gave You a Birthday Party and Nobody Came?" I was working my poor fingers to the bone typing that one and it was so unnecessary!

Edris was the only one of the girls who didn't make it to the party that night, so at our dinner we told her all about it. Kathy, Mary and I decided.....based on the turn out and amount of fun that people had.....that the party was absolutely the "social event of the season" for our little town.

Oh, those poor folks who went to our annual Christmas Party for work instead! Just think what they missed!

Then I had to tell Edris the story of Joel running away, since she hadn't heard and that took quite a bit of time. Not much to laugh about with that one.

After that, I told the girls that we'd talked enough about me and my family and it was their turn to update me on their lives and work.

Kathy told us about her beautiful, brand new grandbaby boy, named Matthew. (Kathy's 16 year old son is the father) Matthew made his grand entrance into the world on her birthday, December 31st, but 3 months premature.

She explained that the doctors didn't know why he was born so early, but he's doing well in his little 2 pound plus body! He'll be hospitalized for quite a while, probably 3 months or so. Kathy says she goes to see the baby as often as she can but the hospital's 45 miles away and her son's in high school.

Continued in next entry...keep readin', it gets better.......
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!