Continued from previous entry...............
The baby's mother thinks the father should be there to see his son more often, but he's attending school and she isn't right now. I imagine that would make it seem like he's not spending enough time with the baby. But, he's only 16!
Anyway, Kathy said that she was standing at the nursery window admiring her grandson, when another lady started up a conversation with her saying...."How premature was your grandson?" Kathy, always the witty one replied..."About 5 years!" We about fell out of our chairs! It was so true and reality is much funnier than comedy shows!
I don't know how we got on the subject of real estate, but we all talked about how the property has skyrocketed in our little town and how there's no sense in trying to "buy up" right now. I told them I'd just stay put in my house and remodel it, starting with Ab's room. I explained that she's such a little slob, that I have plans to create a "less is more" type of room for her. Were beginning to remodel her room right now! New flooring, paint and furniture. All indestructable.
This time she's getting a loft bed, so she can't hide things underneath it. That is because of her tendency to hide small animals and bowls of strange chemical concoctions under her bed. I am surprised that she hasn't asphyxiated us with the stuff she mixes. But, that was probably what killed that poor frog that I found petrified under her bed that time!
Gosh, I hope she grows up to be a chemist or a doctor and can find the cure for baldness or the common cold!
So, back to real estate...Mary and I talked about rentals and how we were so smart to hang on to property in Los Angeles and have it appreciate considerably in the past 20 years.
I told her that I just sold my LA property because I was afraid that we were in for a big earthquake and that the house, built in 1926, would certainly crumble if that part of California didn't fall off into the ocean first. Either way it was a gonner, and I felt that it was the prudent time to let it go.
I keep the new owners in my prayers!
So, now we all know now that Mary is going to be an extremely wealthy retiree when she sells her place, which isn't quite as close to the ocean as the property I sold. Good thinking Mary!
dang it...it's gonna take up one more entry box...sorry


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me your thoughts!